Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recent MYP Delivery Estimates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Chasing tech is one thing, and we all need to be aware of the dysfunctional pull of FOMO.. But this one is different.

The main problem is that Tesla pulled this Ryzen/Intel bait and switch out of the blue, didn't provide a reason why (supply, problems w/ AMD, range hit, etc.), and doesn't appear concerned that customers are being asked to accept what is perceived as "old tech" after the "new tech" was released just last month. We're not talking about a benign swap of a component that the customer will never notice. This one is a well publicized change that affects the speed and responsiveness of the main interface to the product (which is the car). In the computer world, people upgrade CPUs and GPUs all the time to squeeze a little more performance from their systems, so a regressive move from a higher performing system back to a lower performing system isn't insignificant to this audience.

Makes no sense. Tesla is a strange company when it comes to customer relations.
Wasn’t it stated in the quarterly call?

Anybody in Texas seen any VIN action? Not related to Austin, just in general.
I'm in Houston and just getting crickets. Ordered mine 11/13/21. MYP/Grey/White/Tow/No FSD. Original estimate was Dec/Jan. Delayed about three times now to 3/10-3/21.

Makes me laugh to see the order page on Tesla's website show MYP delivery estimate in March if you order today. It's almost as if they're lying...

Ack, just got my vin, NF380. Interesting that I didn't get a vision agreement yet.

I don't know what I'm going to do now. That youtube video of the Intel vs. the AMD lag times has me worried.
I owned a 2020 dual motor 3 and I can assure you it’s not a bad chip the thing works good , it obviously won’t perform like a ryzen but it’s not gonna feel like your using a 1st gen iPod touch compared to a iPhone 13. It’s a small difference in reality

Reactions: goin2drt and BnGrm
I owned a 2020 dual motor 3 and I can assure you it’s not a bad chip the thing works good , it obviously won’t perform like a ryzen but it’s not gonna feel like your using a 1st gen iPod touch compared to a iPhone 13. It’s a small difference in reality

Thanks for that. I really do appreciate it considering all I have to go off of is this board and that youtube clip that I can't locate right now.

Reactions: Jccope64
I think the problem is more future proofing. If you plan on having this car for the next 5 years you probably want that ryzen chip.

Ugh, another delay as expected. This is good news right? I really don't want the Intel chip if possible...
This has been my mentality. The delays are annoying, because I really want this car, but it's ultimately a win/win. Get assigned a VIN? Awesome, you're getting this cool car soon! Get hit with a delay? Awesome, your odds of getting the planned upgrades just shot up a bit. As long as you still have a car (which I do) it really doesn't matter.