Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recent MYP Delivery Estimates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
New EDD: 3/7-3/31
Previously: 3/14-3/31, then 2/28-3/14
OD: 1/31

Moved on 2nd day of window.
I got the text this morning about a trade in:
"Tesla Update - If you're selling a vehicle to prepare for your upcoming Model Y delivery, you can trade your vehicle in with your purchase! Get your trade-in value by responding...[etc.]"

Guess that means a VIN will show up in the next day or two? No change to EDD.

Los Angeles here. I just found this forum, so sorry for all the rehashing.

I ordered a model Y performance, gray, jan 25. Been seeing delivery march 9-31, this morning I got a text saying delivery available march 2-7. First actual available delivery was this Friday, march 4th, so I grabbed that. Earlier stuff said I'd have to pick it up, but today I am being offered delivery.

My vin is 7SAYGDEF4NF393XXX, so it's Fremont. Not sure how I feel about that. Less risk, I guess. I expect the new rear casting to be stiffer, but there could be other issues with a new production run that have negatives, more squeaks and rattles. Like many I wonder if the new battery pack will be better. Given supply constraints, I don't expect that they put in one extra battery that they did not have to, but I would expect them to be conservative engineers and put a little more in to assure that range is the same. Probably not significant.

I hate when noobs ask stuff that's easily found in the archives, but, damn, there are 705 pages in this thread and more posts while I've been writing this. I've spent a couple hours reading, but haven't found the key posts yet, and I feel a little time pressured, like I should move as soon as possible if I'm gonna try for another vin. Yeah, I know, it's a high class problem to have. Lots of people waiting longer than me for a vin and I'm considering a second.

Is F393 a good vin? From reading, F393 is a pretty recent vin, so should have all the good stuff, right? I'll probably take a good vin from Fremont, but if it's a bad vin from Fremont, I may try to reject it and wait or try to get one from Austin, which seems like a damn long shot from CA.

Is customer service email or the phone number or text actually responsive to questions on this stuff? I have Tesla solar panels, and they are not responsive at all, not one bit. My panels shut off at one point and I contacted them immediately. I got no response, after a week or so they contacted me because the system had finally thrown a trouble code into their servers.

Is there any pinned post or good post someone can point me to on inspections to do upon delivery? I plan to walk around it carefully, wondering if there are any little details or a checklist that people have learned the hard way.

Thanks. Again, sorry if all this has been covered but I haven't found it yet.

I ordered a model Y performance, gray, jan 25. Been seeing delivery march 9-31, this morning I got a text saying delivery available march 2-7. First actual available delivery was this Friday, march 4th, so I grabbed that. Earlier stuff said I'd have to pick it up, but today I am being offered delivery.

My vin is 7SAYGDEF4NF393XXX, so it's Fremont. Not sure how I feel about that. Less risk, I guess. I expect the new rear casting to be stiffer, but there could be other issues with a new production run that have negatives, more squeaks and rattles. Like many I wonder if the new battery pack will be better. Given supply constraints, I don't expect that they put in one extra battery that they did not have to, but I would expect them to be conservative engineers and put a little more in to assure that range is the same. Probably not significant.

I hate when noobs ask stuff that's easily found in the archives, but, damn, there are 705 pages in this thread and more posts while I've been writing this. I've spent a couple hours reading, but haven't found the key posts yet, and I feel a little time pressured, like I should move as soon as possible if I'm gonna try for another vin. Yeah, I know, it's a high class problem to have. Lots of people waiting longer than me for a vin and I'm considering a second.

Is F393 a good vin? From reading, F393 is a pretty recent vin, so should have all the good stuff, right? I'll probably take a good vin from Fremont, but if it's a bad vin from Fremont, I may try to reject it and wait or try to get one from Austin, which seems like a damn long shot from CA.

Is customer service email or the phone number or text actually responsive to questions on this stuff? I have Tesla solar panels, and they are not responsive at all, not one bit. My panels shut off at one point and I contacted them immediately. I got no response, after a week or so they contacted me because the system had finally thrown a trouble code into their servers.

Is there any pinned post or good post someone can point me to on inspections to do upon delivery? I plan to walk around it carefully, wondering if there are any little details or a checklist that people have learned the hard way.

393 should have all the goods AMD, Lithium, ETC

SA would be the best source of content, if you were assigned one. Or the local store you can call would be pretty suffice

Checklist below

Reactions: FloridaStateNe

Thanks for sharing. What was the wait from “trade in” text to scheduling delivery text for you?

393 should have all the goods AMD, Lithium, ETC

SA would be the best source of content, if you were assigned one. Or the local store you can call would be pretty suffice

Checklist below

Thanks for sharing. What was the wait from “trade in” text to scheduling delivery text for you?
No trade in, so I did not get that text. I have been checking the app frequently, including before bed last night, and delivery estimate never changed from march 9-31, that's what it was last night, got the text first thing this morning.

Reading more, I guess that SA is the service advisor texting me? I would get texts like that with the solar panels, but I swear it was a bot, it was not helpful, install dates were random and broad until the day of, and there was never a reply if I had questions. I honestly didn't think it was a human I could reply to when I got it today.

Seems like given that I can reject the car after delivery, I should be OK if I go ahead with delivery and inspect the car in my driveway.

I picked up my MYP yesterday. There were no panel gaps to speak of or none that were blaringly obvious. The steering wheel however is slightly off center, not sure if I want them to fix that or not. I believe I saw another post on here saying that when Tesla fixed it they messed up the alignment. The biggest issue is there is a dent on the front passenger fender well. I was scheduled to get my car matte wrapped in 2 weeks and had to call and have it rescheduled.
View attachment 775764
I had them fix my off center steering wheel they did a great job.

Reactions: bburk00
I’m in the LA area too.

I’m in the LA area as well, same order date. Interesting that I’ve been seeing lot of msm delivered but no white.

My edd hasn’t changed at all. :( But it is encouraging to see a car delivered here with the same order date as mine.

Last edited:
Just got another EDD change a few minutes ago, window shrinking in...

MYLR, White/Black Interior/no tow/no FSD (original order)
OD: 1/15
MYP, MSM/Black Interior/no tow/no FSD (updated order)
Updated: 1/20
EDD: 2/25 - 3/25
EDD: 3/8 - 3/18

EDD: 3/15 - 3/19

EDIT: I also see a VIN on the website F396xxx

Last edited:
Reactions: Triplem086
Seems F376*** to F380*** were Intel's based on the posts here. After that looks like MY went back to AMD. Someone with a high F380(800 etc) reported having gotten a MY with AMD
I picked up a F378 today and it did indeed have Intel. Build quality was very good though. Only one minor paint scuff on mirror. She's beautiful!

Reactions: mrmtb and CaliX