Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recent MYP Delivery Estimates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My home delivery is set for Wednesday. I've been curious about how this will go, and am a little worried about having the time to do my checklist prior to accepting delivery. Reading around here and talking to SA, it's always been said to me that I will have all the time I need, but today I got this email from Tesla (emphasis mine):

--

This is the delivery operations team here at Houston-North Delivery Center. We’re excited to see your delivery date is coming soon, congratulations!

On your delivery date you can expect a Tesla representative to contact you, either before or within your 2-hour window, to provide a more refined delivery time. They will drive your Tesla directly to your designated delivery address. Once they arrive, they will assist you in taking delivery, ensure your Tesla app syncs appropriately, and answer any questions you may have at that time.

Please note this process will be brief as they need to return for their next delivery appointment.

We highly recommend watching our helpful Tesla videos or attending our virtual classes found here: Get to Know Your Tesla. If you have a trade in, please ensure it safe to operate, and fueled enough for return to the delivery center.

We're looking forward to your delivery appointment, welcome to the Tesla family, we'll see you very soon!

--

Could just be what they have to say to get ppl to let the driver leave, but I definitely don't want to accept it without fully checking it over. Anyone had a recent home delivery? Wonder if it's still the same as always...? Will report back either way.
Thats awesome! I was told that it is our option to pick up at the service center or have home delivery. The SA i spoke to for the Westheimer location said that i would be picking up from the SC. Would be nice if they call and say mine is ready next week.

Ordered 10/22. Finally picked up today.

Disappointed in the car. Lots of paint defects. Drips, fisheye, the entire drivers side looks to be repainted and rough. There were even yellow marker pen marks pointing at the defects that weren’t fixed.

4-5 large ding/small dent impressions near the front passenger door handle. It was pretty bad.

Missing tire inflation kit. I was also surprised to see the mobile Charger now only comes with 110v adapter. I inquired and the NEMA 220v adapter is sold out and unavailable.

It’s my 5th Tesla. I’ve come to expect this sort of quality. I’ve forgiven them in the past, but man, how is Tesla going to compete against other companies that don’t have these persistent quality problems?

On a positive note, I know they’ll fix it. The ride quality was better than the ‘21 MYSR I sold a couple months ago. It’s fast and fun.
Sorry to hear your vehicle had these issues. Don’t get discouraged if first visit to service center doesn’t get everything resolved Or they say items are “in specification (spec)”. Try again at different SC or ask to speak to manager at current SC. I almost decided to sell my 2022 MYP which would have resulted me never considering a Tesla purchase again. However I decided to try a second SC , Los Angeles Inglewood /Westchester on Centinela Blvd) since first SC did not have availability until a month later just after spending 4 hours to fix some issues. Second SC, Los Angeles Inglewood /Westchester SC, really came through and restored my faith in Tesla as a company and I have decided to keep the MYP.
I had some fairly significant fit and finish issues and almost all of the, were addressed by two visits to two different service centers (SC). The first SC said all my panel alignment concerns were in specification. I was shocked. They spent 4 hours fixing some issues and told me I could pickup my car at a nearby mall’s parking lot. No way to review repairs and speak to anyone but I could follow up in the service appointment’s section in the mobile app. I decided to try a different SC.
Second SC agreed with 3 of 4 panel alignment concerns and sent car to highly rated body shop. However, body shop ended up fixing my other concern which Tesla said was in spec. Not sure if Tesla told bodyshop try and address issue since bodyshop already had the car or if issue was fixed since the panel had to be adjusted to fix a different alignment issue which Tesla agreed required correcting.
A third visit will be needed for one remaining issue from delivery day and a minor new issue created at last SC visit, one side of frunk access panel is loose probably due to plastic clips which fell off got broken. I’ll attempt to remove and replace panel to see if it is something I can address. There are a few YouTube videos showing how to take it off and put on again. I want panel to fit nice and tight so it is not a possible source of noises / rattles.
Issues my car had, 3 areas where body panels were misaligned such that shared curved features between adjacent panels did not line up resulting in fairly large visual imperfections, trunk/liftgate had almost no gap with side panels on one side of car and other side had large gap, black wheelwell trim was slightly detached from body of car in some areas, bad paint polish job in an area where factory did paint fix left large white marring artifact only visible at night under strong light or day time if pointing lightsource such as mobile phone light or flashlight at area, significant banging noises coming from trunk area when going over moderate bumps on roads. Odd cabin pressure issues causing my ears to build up pressure resulting in the need to pop my ears as if on an airplane gaining altitude.
I did not notice the exterior body issues on delivery day due to car being in shaded area, I had driven 100 miles to pickup site and was rushed due to work concerns and hunger (any ppl reading this who have not picked up car yet, don’t be like me…clear your schedule) and my own inexperience examining cars. I am much more experienced examining cars now and a few pals asked me to come with them on Tesla delivery day To help the, decide if they should accept or reject. I also check out other model Y’s with paper plates (means they are new in California) to see how build quality is going. Most cars are fine. Occasionally I see a few like mine with visible issues due the panel misalignments.

Nailed it!

In other news, a friend with an M3 in the shop was driving a new loaner MYLR (black trim, double-pane front windows). They let me drive it for a bit. It was my first time driving any Tesla, and it was much better than I was even expecting. I thought the ride was smoother than the 2020 CR-V I've been driving. Hopefully the suspension on the MYP is just as good (or close)! Very fun to drive. Build quality on the new ones seems really good, too. None of this is making the wait easier.
I have driven 2021 MYLR & own 2022 MYP. The ride of MYP is sportier (rougher some say) than MYLR because MYP is a bit lower than MYLR. The MYP has sport oriented springs which are shorter / stiffer and the other areas of suspension are tuned for a performance vehicle. The MYP has 21 inch rims which allow only performance tires with a much smaller sidewall than 19 & 20 inch rims. Smaller sidewall means you feel road characteristics a lot more. On newer roads the materials are some sort of rubber and asphalt and the car rides so smooth and quiet. On older roads which are rocks mixed with tar or concrete slabs, the road rumble is much more. A larger sidewall helped tone down such noises. All cars suffer from this though. I had a 75D model s for the past 2 weeks and drove my pals 2021 Model X for a few days. Both of those cars had a much quieter ride on the same old streets. Guess there is some extra noise dampening engineering in those vehicles. Both those vehicle’s co figurations had tires with more sidewall than MYP. Eventually I will get a set of 19 inch rims with tires that have a lot more sidewall. Probably just change the tires when I feel the need for extra comfort (family rode trips) vs. the ultimate sporty feeling. Might opt to get third party adjustable coil overs such as redwood motor sports, mountain pass performance, unplugged performance, etc. But I don’t think I need them badly. The tinkerer in me is Curious to see how awesome I can make the MYP.

Reactions: craiguh
Jeez .. I don’t really care about the 4680s, but seeing reports like this - still - makes me wonder whether I should wait for Austin. Inexcusable.
My take on Austin is that the crew working there is kinda new to assembling the model y & they might have their own growing pains. It’s all a gamble and a roll of the nice. Most cars coming out of Fremont are fine. If we had a sub forum about the topic of good builds, we’d probably see a lot of people posting. Upset persons tend to be more vocal. My own 2022 MYP (12/2021 build) had many issues so I am familiar with being vocal on these forums 🤣.
I have a habit of examining tesla model Y’s with white a paper plates (means they are new in California) that are parked on the street or in public parking lots. we have tons of tesla sales here in Los Angles so I feel it is a good data point. The majority of vehicles I see are fine. Sometimes the owners see me looking at their car and I explain why I am checking it out. So far all have been appreciative and asked my thoughts About their car’s build Quality.
Once in a blue moon I see a car like mine which had some serious panel misalignments. In my case Tesla sent car to body shop and they all got fixed. My car now looks like is came from factory perfectly. I Did have to visit two service centers (SC) though. First said the issues were in specification. Second SC agreed that 3 of 4 issues required correcting but for whatever reason all issues I reported were corrected.

I have driven 2021 MYLR & own 2022 MYP. The ride of MYP is sportier (rougher some say) than MYLR because MYP is a bit lower than MYLR. The MYP has sport oriented springs which are shorter / stiffer and the other areas of suspension are tuned for a performance vehicle. The MYP has 21 inch rims which allow only performance tires with a much smaller sidewall than 19 & 20 inch rims. Smaller sidewall means you feel road characteristics a lot more. On newer roads the materials are some sort of rubber and asphalt and the car rides so smooth and quiet. On older roads which are rocks mixed with tar or concrete slabs, the road rumble is much more. A larger sidewall helped tone down such noises. All cars suffer from this though. I had a 75D model s for the past 2 weeks and drove my pals 2021 Model X for a few days. Both of those cars had a much quieter ride on the same old streets. Guess there is some extra noise dampening engineering in those vehicles. Both those vehicle’s co figurations had tires with more sidewall than MYP. Eventually I will get a set of 19 inch rims with tires that have a lot more sidewall. Probably just change the tires when I feel the need for extra comfort (family rode trips) vs. the ultimate sporty feeling. Might opt to get third party adjustable coil overs such as redwood motor sports, mountain pass performance, unplugged performance, etc. But I don’t think I need them badly. The tinkerer in me is Curious to see how awesome I can make the MYP.
What’s your judgement of the current 2022 MYP vs a M3? I’m coming from a 2020 M3, curious if it’ll be a smoother ride at all since it’s still higher off the ground and heavier feeling?

My ‘21 MY delivered almost exactl
I ordered a silver grey LRY in Jan. First given July delivery, then May, now Dec. What’s with that?
This is normal. I had a 9/2021 OD and it bounced around a lot. Then I figured I’d get a MYLR and that date bounced around a lot further and further. Then got an opportunity to get a MYP within days from inventory that was not yet listed on tesla web site. Just happened to be calling tesla to see if any demo cars were for sale and they noticed a few inventory car’s which were sitting on Fremont lot. Purchasers backed down at last second.

And just like that, less than 24 hours after placing my order and being given an EDD between mid-May and mid-June, I get a call from a SA stating that they found a MYLR in my desired colors. VIN is now attached.

I wanted the MYLR all along, but I had ordered a MYP because I didn't want to wait until August for a new MYLR and I didn't want to buy a used one.

So instead of waiting possibly as long as three months, I can get it next week. Yay me. 🎉

Last edited:
What’s your judgement of the current 2022 MYP vs a M3? I’m coming from a 2020 M3, curious if it’ll be a smoother ride at all since it’s still higher off the ground and heavier feeling?
I don’t think MYP will be smoother ride than M3LR. I looked at the notes I wrote down after my 2022 M3LR test drive and it said this.overall, M3LR had a slightly smoother ride than MYP. M3LR seemed to cushion intense sudden jolting road bumps a tad more (not a lot) than MYP. M3LR cabin noise seemed less than MYP probably due to 18 inch wheels with tires that had more sidewall (than MYP). Also less noise due to M3 being a covered hatchback vs MY being SUV with large open/uncovered rear cargo area with larger glass roof. If you get any MY build I suggest planning for a cargo area cover, thick plastic mats to go over the cargo area flooring. Many people fill the empty areas next to wheel wells with blankets to help absorb sound As well as fill in the storage areas under cargo floor. These are common actions taken by SUV owners.
Are there ways to make all versions of M3 & MY vehicles have a less sporty personality? Yup. You can get smaller rims with tires that have larger sidewall. This will decrease road noise transmitted to cabin to a degree. The sound of the noise gets dulled not eliminated & some extra cushioning going over bumps especially if you set tire PSI a bit lower than Tesla defaults. I’ve not tried this yet. Elon suggests this even. You can also get adjustable coilover suspension kits which let you adjust suspension characteristics to levels between sporty to “grand touring” (softer).

MYP/Blue Ext/White int/No tow/No FSD

EDD: 3/14-3/31

Just recieved a trade in text but I opted for cash. Does this text mean anything (meaning ill receive a VIN soon)? Or is it just an automated message?
TIA
In 8 -10 days after I got that call/text I got a vin. I also had a similar EDD. Now I'm 15-19th waiting to confirm delivery date.

MYP blue/black no tow.

I ordered a silver grey LRY in Jan. First given July delivery, then May, now Dec. What’s with that?
I ordered the same car and got Dec too.
Maybe the color? It is dark silver metallic and that is new I think. The grey they offered previously was not metallic. This was a free option by the way, only white was included in the base price. I remember reading someplace Elon saying there was too many white ones on the road! I'm considering changing ba k to white and see if that affects the del. date.

I ordered the same car and got Dec too.
Maybe the color? It is dark silver metallic and that is new I think. The grey they offered previously was not metallic. This was a free option by the way, only white was included in the base price. I remember reading someplace Elon saying there was too many white ones on the road! I'm considering changing ba k to white and see if that affects the del. date.
From everything I’ve read, white is the most backed up color. Every color is being delivered but white.