Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recent MYP Delivery Estimates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't know if this will help but another SA I spoke with yesterday said white/black color batches take the longest. So, that might be the reason why mine was assigned earlier than yours :( Hope you get VINed soon!
Haha I’ve heard the same. Thanks for the kind words. My SA responded today and said my car would likely be ready in a few days. Here’s to hoping he’s not lying. :)

The LESS we hear about the 4580, and now with the new 279? mile Y, the more I think it will take quite awhile for Austin to ramp up this NEW cheaper AWD Model Y, which Tesla NOW has some room to under the regular LR Y since they raised prices.

So, I think it goes;

AUSTIN ramp 6 months only new Y
Then they begin to introduce NEW versions of new Y, in LR and P versions. Maybe not better in every way, but lighter and cheaper for Tesla to produce.

Then Texas quickly flips to the new 4680 version… it will quite awhile before they have enough 4680 for all the current Y orders. Austin could take a YEAR to ramp all 3 versions up. We all will have 10k miles or more on our cars before Austin makes a 4689 MYP.

Conclusion, don’t think ANYONE will be able to delay 30 days to get a new 4680 MYP, or even LR. They BARELY have enough for a few Y. Elon always has said the ramp is HELL.

My .02

The LESS we hear about the 4580, and now with the new 279? mile Y, the more I think it will take quite awhile for Austin to ramp up this NEW cheaper AWD Model Y, which Tesla NOW has some room to under the regular LR Y since they raised prices.

So, I think it goes;

AUSTIN ramp 6 months only new Y
Then they begin to introduce NEW versions of new Y, in LR and P versions. Maybe not better in every way, but lighter and cheaper for Tesla to produce.

Then Texas quickly flips to the new 4680 version… it will quite awhile before they have enough 4680 for all the current Y orders. Austin could take a YEAR to ramp all 3 versions up. We all will have 10k miles or more on our cars before Austin makes a 4689 MYP.

Conclusion, don’t think ANYONE will be able to delay 30 days to get a new 4680 MYP, or even LR. They BARELY have enough for a few Y. Elon always has said the ramp is HELL.

My .02
Should say FREMONT flips! Hahaha

Until yesterday I had a VIN assigned and a delivery date of March 29 -31. Today VIN F400XXX disappeared and new delivery date is between April 13 to May 18. What a hell is going on in Tesla?????? 😫
Makes me wonder… what if you took that VIN and had financing set up for that VIN, then the VIN disappears? That’s not cool at all.