Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recent MYP Delivery Estimates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The LESS we hear about the 4580, and now with the new 279? mile Y, the more I think it will take quite awhile for Austin to ramp up this NEW cheaper AWD Model Y, which Tesla NOW has some room to under the regular LR Y since they raised prices.

So, I think it goes;

AUSTIN ramp 6 months only new Y
Then they begin to introduce NEW versions of new Y, in LR and P versions. Maybe not better in every way, but lighter and cheaper for Tesla to produce.

Then Texas quickly flips to the new 4680 version… it will quite awhile before they have enough 4680 for all the current Y orders. Austin could take a YEAR to ramp all 3 versions up. We all will have 10k miles or more on our cars before Austin makes a 4689 MYP.

Conclusion, don’t think ANYONE will be able to delay 30 days to get a new 4680 MYP, or even LR. They BARELY have enough for a few Y. Elon always has said the ramp is HELL.

My .02

I recently watched a video on LFP in 4680s being likely and how were most likely going to transition to LFP based 4680s over time with increasing energy density to replace nickel. I’m under the impression that performance/plaid modes are not able to use LFP to extract the power needed so they’ll be using NCA/NCM for a while. It’ll be curious to see if they have various 4680 chemistries at launch but I think this new Y will be an LFP 4680. (Speculation)

My EDD got pushed to May 1 - June 5 from March 14-31. Called my local Tesla store (Las Vegas) and the SA assigned herself to my account.

According to her system, my "pinpoint" date is 05/12/2022 and told me expect VIN around 7-10 days prior. I asked if Vegas orders would get a Fremont VIN and she said not necessarily. She added that Austin VINs are not being assigned to customers for the 4680's per se, as of current. Interestingly, per the SA, Telsa is already anticipating customers canceling and/or holding off orders with Fremont VINs due to the 4680 demand. For this reason, Fremont would be producing/delivering 4680's as soon as Austin.

Today, a LOT of orders got pushed forward to a later EDD due to the current demand. I'm really not disasspointed since I'm hoping for the 4680 as well.

My EDD got pushed to May 1 - June 5 from March 14-31. Called my local Tesla store (Las Vegas) and the SA assigned herself to my account.

According to her system, my "pinpoint" date is 05/12/2022 and told me expect VIN around 7-10 days prior. I asked if Vegas orders would get a Fremont VIN and she said not necessarily. She added that Austin VINs are not being assigned to customers for the 4680's per se, as of current. Interestingly, per the SA, Telsa is already anticipating customers canceling and/or holding off orders with Fremont VINs due to the 4680 demand. For this reason, Fremont would be producing/delivering 4680's as soon as Austin.

Today, a LOT of orders got pushed forward to a later EDD due to the current demand. I'm really not disasspointed since I'm hoping for the 4680 as well.
When did you order? My order got pushed this morning as well.

What makes you say a lot of EDDs got pushed back today? Mine for pushed back about 2 weeks ago, but have held steady since. Just wondering as a second order I have just entered the EDD window today

That is interesting. I had the same 3/14-3/31 EDD only to be pushed out today to May-June. Even had FSD.

This was according to my SA. I think a majority of people who had a March EDD got an updated EDD today, regardless of region.
I have been trying to put mine on hold but they won’t let me. Same EDD end of the month. Hoping to see what they show off on April 7th before committing to anything. If it’s a 4680 lfp million mile battery awd Y, I may downgrade and add fsd. Maybe they get FSD figured out somewhat within a million miles.

• Funny
Reactions: HELL YEAH!
MYP - Tow No FSD, Ohio
OOD: 3/10/2022
Profile completed 3/11/2022
EDD 3/28/2022-3/31/2022 no VIN yet as of 3/15/2022, not holding my breath as this seems sudden and soon
EDD: 4/25/2020-7/6/2022 (as of 3/14/2022)
EDD: 6/7/2022-7/6/2022
Website Estimate EDD - May 2022

MYP - Tow No FSD, Ohio
OOD: 3/10/2022
Profile completed 3/11/2022
EDD 3/28/2022-3/31/2022 no VIN yet as of 3/15/2022, not holding my breath as this seems sudden and soon
EDD: 4/25/2020-7/6/2022 (as of 3/14/2022)
EDD: 6/7/2022-7/6/2022
Website Estimate EDD - May 2022
I just received a VIN yesterday for a 3/28 delivery date. So you likely still have time. Some have reported receiving the vin the day before delivery.

Reactions: tm3dlr