Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recent MYP Delivery Estimates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got a good quote to add to my existing policy at Progressive but have heard they really bump the premium after 6 months, we will see.
I’ve never had progressive substantially increase my premium after signing up and have had about 8 different cars over 20 plus years. I did have an issue when I added my wife and her former State Farm agent reported all her brothers accidents under her policy lol. Progressive fixed it State Farm did not. I plan on using them as it was quoted only about $100 more a year over my 2019 sierra AT4 so similar priced vehicle to the Y but probably easier to repair.

I’ve never had progressive substantially increase my premium after signing up and have had about 8 different cars over 20 plus years. I did have an issue when I added my wife and her former State Farm agent reported all her brothers accidents under her policy lol. Progressive fixed it State Farm did not. I plan on using them as it was quoted only about $100 more a year over my 2019 sierra AT4 so similar priced vehicle to the Y but probably easier to repair.
Nice to know, they increased my permium by about $47 a month which seemed way to low.

Reactions: MR52
Because elon musk said they will crank out model Ys with 4680 in Austin and the factory will service the eastern 2/3rds US of MY demand while freemont will handle the 1/3rd western United States.

And yet simple logic dictates Tesla is not going to sell an inferior model (Fremont) vs a superior model (Austin) based simply on where the car is going to get delivered. Anything coming out of Austin will be on par or inferior to what is currently being offered in Fremont, Berlin & Shanghai. One Factory in texas is not all of the sudden overnight going to render Tesla's 3 other manufacturing factories obsolete and worthless because who's going to order those cars if they know they can get something better in Austin.

What Elon said is the eventual goal down the line, but it will take years. Can't retool Fremont/Shanghai/Berlin to do 4680s overnight and those cells are in short supply anyways

Last edited:
And yet simple logic dictates Tesla is not going to sell an inferior model (Fremont) vs a superior model (Austin) based simply on where the car is going to get delivered. Anything coming out of Austin will be on par or inferior to what is currently being offered in Fremont, Berlin & Shanghai. One Factory in texas is not all of the sudden overnight going to render Tesla's 3 other manufacturing factories obsolete and worthless because who's going to order those cars if they know they can get something better in Austin.

What Elon said is the eventual goal down the line, but it will take years. Can't retool Fremont/Shanghai/Berlin to do 4680s overnight and those cells are in short supply anyways

Drew Bagliano in the same call said 4680.cells are not the constraint in their product line. I am just going by their words, I don't know how tesla management portrays their version of the truth or that I should read between the lines.

Took delivery yesterday, observation and experience below:

After much complaining I guess I will have to accept 2170 , MYP old style chassis when it arrives. Really wanted 4680 but having read everthing I can I feel they are probably not going to be ready till 2023. However can't see why we can't have the 2170 pack Elon talked about a his backup strategy. Would be nice to have higher tolerances and a bit of weight saving after the very big % price increases.

EDD is April 12 to May 10. Tomorrow will be the first day of my EDD window! Trying not to get my hopes up.

Original order date months ago before the 4K price increase was for White/black LR 5 seater with 20” rims. EDD was around July to August. Then I upgraded to the MYP White/black with no other add ons on 3/26 where the EDD bumped up to April 12 to May 10, where it has held firm so far.

Reactions: Goleta and tm3dlr
E8742AFA-F36C-4EC9-90D8-01019D3A9FF6.jpeg

Got mine delivered 4 days earlier than originally scheduled. AMD, heated wipers, all-seasons, etc. Came with mudflaps and PPF. Quality is great, no panel gap issues. Unfortunately had tons of smudges on the seats and roof fabric, seats cleaned off easily but not sure how to go about the fabric (any suggestions?). The mobile charger also doesn’t work (tried it on three different circuits at the house with no luck. Charger showing green but get an error / red charge port light when trying to charge). Hopefully can get a replacement charger asap.