Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recent MYP Delivery Estimates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Apologies if you think I insulted you, that wasn’t the intention, although I disagree with your opinion. I liked your comment about lucky we all are to be having this conversation about who should get our $70k cars faster.

I’m going to try to make an analogy about the process and see if it works. Say you go to McDonalds and order a quarter pounder with cheese at 11:30 for an early lunch, the thing is quarter pounder demand is through the roof. There are already 10 qp orders in front of you. I go at noon after you’ve waited well beyond the estimated 15 minutes they said and opt for the more expensive super sized Big Mac meal and they tell me it will be it will be out in seven minutes. But then 5 minutes after that you change your mind and ask for the supersize Big Mac meal and boom they give it to you in two minutes (when they said mine would be ready) and tell me I need to wait nearly twice as long as they initially told me. Then half of the other people that placed quarter pounder orders also saw how it worked and were like I was cool with the less expensive quarter pounder but this wait is bullshit and I’m hungry and I can jump in front of that guy that ordered the Big Mac before I did. And they do.

The system is a little annoying and I find it hard to defend, but I didn’t mean to make a comment that could be interpreted as an insult.

Have a good weekend and I hope you enjoy the car.
This sucks. I hear you. Everyone is pissed, whether they ordered quarter pounders or Big Macs. The difference here is that one group can pay to jump the line, the other can't.

Thinking out loud about alternatives:

1. Swappers move to the back of the MYP queue. More fair to existing MYP customers, and if you swap early enough you'd still have a shorter EDD compared to the wait time for the LR. But most swappers decide to swap late in their order cycle. Rather than swap and wait longer, they might give up and cancel. Doesn't affect MYP customers, but Tesla loses some potential revenue.

2. At order time, MYP customers can pay a higher order fee to guarantee place in line. Then they'd be unaffected by swappers. Today, LR and P customers pay the same amount in order fee, implying that this fee is for a Model Y reservation in general. Let's give P customers the option to pay to guarantee sooner delivery.

MYP customers who didn't swap: would you want option 2, if option 1 was out of the question?

(Note: I'm a swapper)

Reactions: Winning Guy
Haven't posted in awhile, but happy that I woke up this morning to my first 2 week window.

OD: 3/7
EDD: 5/20 - 6/3

I know that older orders are supposed to be still getting the mobile connector, but has anyone in the last week or so confirmed that they gotone with their car? (Sorry if I missed a recent post highlighting this).
My OD was mid September, got my car on Wednesday, and it had the mobile connector.

Reactions: robeeen and tlord82
Okay, maybe a weird question here since everyone seems to switch from MYLR to MYP… but has anyone switched from MYP to MYLR? If so, how was the waiting process? I’m concerned about all the videos I watch of people saying the MYP only gets around 250 miles of range instead of the 315 stated from Tesla.

This sucks. I hear you. Everyone is pissed, whether they ordered quarter pounders or Big Macs. The difference here is that one group can pay to jump the line, the other can't.

Thinking out loud about alternatives:

1. Swappers move to the back of the MYP queue. More fair to existing MYP customers, and if you swap early enough you'd still have a shorter EDD compared to the wait time for the LR. But most swappers decide to swap late in their order cycle. Rather than swap and wait longer, they might give up and cancel. Doesn't affect MYP customers, but Tesla loses some potential revenue.

2. At order time, MYP customers can pay a higher order fee to guarantee place in line. Then they'd be unaffected by swappers. Today, LR and P customers pay the same amount in order fee, implying that this fee is for a Model Y reservation in general. Let's give P customers the option to pay to guarantee sooner delivery.

MYP customers who didn't swap: would you want option 2, if option 1 was out of the question?

(Note: I'm a swapper)
Better option.
1st come
1st served
No matter configuration

Reactions: mikedjp
Okay, maybe a weird question here since everyone seems to switch from MYLR to MYP… but has anyone switched from MYP to MYLR? If so, how was the waiting process? I’m concerned about all the videos I watch of people saying the MYP only gets around 250 miles of range instead of the 315 stated from Tesla.
15 mile difference

Watching all of you guys meltdown over LR->P switchers getting their cars maybe a couple weeks to a month sooner than you is really amusing to me. Literally 2 months ago people were kicking themselves for getting early deliveries that had Intel Atom instead of AMD chipsets. Later deliveries are always a blessing in disguise. The people who swapped have older orders, they've been waiting longer for their cars. Thats the cold hard truth. Does everyone here honestly believe that the switches are really delaying their "original" orders by any significant amount? Might as well blame hertz for ordering a kabillion cars and pushing all the orders back. When everyone here eventually gets their cars in the upcoming month or two, then ya'll are gonna laugh about this.