Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recent MYP Delivery Estimates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
P Zeros are actually quite smooth compared to the Michelin A/S. More stability at higher speeds I’ve noticed.

But the Michelins look better.
Yeah, the Pirellis are definitely a better pure-summer tire. They get a bad rap here since most people want the A/S tires, but they're excellent for their intended purpose.
Does winding or hairpin have the efficiency gain?
Hairpin

Last edited:
From what I’ve seen in the forums, it seems normal and is a good thing.

I hope mine is on the same truck as yours. I’ve been stuck on Aug 2 to Aug 16 for a while now and was expecting an update today (usually get them on Saturdays). I ordered on 4/25. Still no VIN either.
Same here Aug 2 - 16, spoke to my local tesla dealer the other day this week we should be gettin the VIN. OD 5/9. MYP , black on black, with FSD, No TOW. BTW - all MYP's are coming from Fremont.

Reactions: NeueBesser
All seasons are “not great” all the time. Go ahead and order a winter set of Gemini’s from Tesla’s store. Less than $3k and you’ve got yourself a second set of wheels and tires (so longer durations between buying new tires), better range, and FAR better winter ability.

The only time I think I would want an all season on the 21s is if I was unable to store them above 40F year round OR the roads were always dry in the winter but temperatures were below 40F.

The compound on the summer tires can be damaged under 40F which can make them unsafe to drive even when returned to normal weather.

You might make it through some cold weather without issue, but it CAN happen and that’s a hassle I wouldn’t want. If you have a well insulated garage then they’ll probably be above 40F in the winter (just by a few degrees), a basement you can put them in, or even a rented indoor storage facility (if you already use it for something, I wouldn’t pay for one just for the tires).

All seasons are “not great” all the time. Go ahead and order a winter set of Gemini’s from Tesla’s store. Less than $3k and you’ve got yourself a second set of wheels and tires (so longer durations between buying new tires), better range, and FAR better winter ability.

The only time I think I would want an all season on the 21s is if I was unable to store them above 40F year round OR the roads were always dry in the winter but temperatures were below 40F.

The compound on the summer tires can be damaged under 40F which can make them unsafe to drive even when returned to normal weather.

You might make it through some cold weather without issue, but it CAN happen and that’s a hassle I wouldn’t want. If you have a well insulated garage then they’ll probably be above 40F in the winter (just by a few degrees), a basement you can put them in, or even a rented indoor storage facility (if you already use it for something, I wouldn’t pay for one just for the tires).

This is the best advice. i've seen a lot of people get upset on here that their car was delivered with PZeros. With some people even going so far as to demand the delivery center swap their tires with another car on the lot that belongs to someone else.

I myself got suckered into believing the AS4 was a superior tire when that is actually subjective and i've grown to like the Pzeros more.

You get what you get. Its a Performance model, after all. I haven't seen such behavior with people picking up their Porsche, Mercedes AMG or BMW M.

Just buy a winter dedicated set of wheels like the rest of the world.

Is that the prime thing in the gemini? Less tire = more range?

So look-ng at the 3 winter tires sets, the cheaper two say:

"Note: This package is not compatible with Model Y Performance Dual Motor All-Wheel Drive configured with 21" Performance Wheels. "

1659381632904.png

Attachments

• 1659381570121.png
    1659381570121.png
    402.6 KB · Views: 49
So look-ng at the 3 winter tires sets, the cheaper two say:

"Note: This package is not compatible with Model Y Performance Dual Motor All-Wheel Drive configured with 21" Performance Wheels. "

View attachment 835416
Geminis do fit and work fine, not sure why Tesla doesn't agree on their site.

This is the best advice. i've seen a lot of people get upset on here that their car was delivered with PZeros. With some people even going so far as to demand the delivery center swap their tires with another car on the lot that belongs to someone else.

I myself got suckered into believing the AS4 was a superior tire when that is actually subjective and i've grown to like the Pzeros more.

You get what you get. Its a Performance model, after all. I haven't seen such behavior with people picking up their Porsche, Mercedes AMG or BMW M.

Just buy a winter dedicated set of wheels like the rest of the world.
People buying the cars you mention know what tires come on the car before purchasing and can decide to buy it or not. Its pretty strange you don't know what tires you're getting before hand and could be 2 totally different types from Tesla. If it were one choice no one would complain.

People buying the cars you mention know what tires come on the car before purchasing and can decide to buy it or not. Its pretty strange you don't know what tires you're getting before hand and could be 2 totally different types from Tesla. If it were one choice no one would complain.

Just assume the worst and you'll be fine.

But P Zero's are a damn good performance tire, and fit the car perfectly (also much more expensive than the AS4). The AS4 are also wonderful, but won't do anything for you in your cold climate regardless. So I just find it nitpicky.

Some of the stories I read here and on reddit are eye opening. Saw one person force Tesla to buy him a new set of tires because the advisor said the car would come with all seasons and it didn't.

(FYI no advisor knows what tires are on the car until it hits the ground).

Reactions: walex19
So basically buy a set of 19in wheels and winter tires and be done with it?

what about the wheel covers? Just get the covers or get the center cap and stud covers?

And you are saying the advisor who texted an answer that its coming with summer tires doesn't know what he is talking about?

So basically buy a set of 19in wheels and winter tires and be done with it?

what about the wheel covers? Just get the covers or get the center cap and stud covers?

And you are saying the advisor who texted an answer that its coming with summer tires doesn't know what he is talking about?

Yeah, that would be the best scenario, you don't have to go with Tesla branded wheels. Lots of people go with Replika R241s and are all in about 2k with wheels and tires. (you may need TPMS if you don't want to switch them back and forth, I recommend ebay for a set).

And yeah, the type of tires on the car is not a line item they can see on the computer. They will know for certain once the car is at the delivery center, until then it's a best-guess.

Took delivery yesterday (7/31)... everything was pretty good. Minor minor panel gap issues, but the biggest disappointment was that the car was delivered with a 1 gouge in the bumper that was clear as day. I initially decided to refuse delivery, but received a phone call from someone at Tesla who profusely apologized and put in writing (text) that the bumper would be replaced and not repainted... so I moved forward.

For those that care, it was delivered with:
Pirelli non-all season tires
Mobile connector
No mud flaps

Well its not like I am turning it down for summer tires.

I saw a thing the Tesla site that said I had to be logged in to see if they would sell me the tires. I logged in and it said you dont have a car yet. I am guessing that is a no on selling me the 'wrong' size tire?

I saw compete sets with the same winter tire on tesla rims new on ebay for like 300 less. Have to look at the other rims too I guess. Well it wont be down to 40 for a while.

Well its not like I am turning it down for summer tires.

I saw a thing the Tesla site that said I had to be logged in to see if they would sell me the tires. I logged in and it said you dont have a car yet. I am guessing that is a no on selling me the 'wrong' size tire?

I saw compete sets with the same winter tire on tesla rims new on ebay for like 300 less. Have to look at the other rims too I guess. Well it wont be down to 40 for a while.
I was wondering if Tesla would sell the Geminis to Yp owners as well.