Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recent MYP Delivery Estimates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I originally really liked the idea of Martian wheels because of the fully forged design and extreme light weight. However, they initially under estimated the weight by a pretty decent amount (can’t remember but I want to say they said 18 or 19 pounds per wheel and they now are saying 24 pounds). They never posted that it was an estimate and people didn’t find out about the actual weight until *customers* posted talking about the actual weight, then FINALLY after months they changed it on their web page. That just put a sour taste in my mouth. They might be great wheels, but $2,400 just for the wheels to only save ~5.5 pounds a corner isn’t worth it to me. (That’s still a big savings, but far less than what I thought was going to be like 10 pounds.)

I like the design that TSportline has and that they’ll put together a wheel and tire package for you with the OEM Bluetooth tire pressure sensors and Roadforce balance them and direct ship to your door so all you have to do is bolt them on… prices are pretty dang good too. But I personally don’t have a set. (Likely who I would buy from if I went 3rd party though)

What I like the most is official from Tesla. I like the 19” Gemini with the aero caps to squeeze every little bit of range out of them. That’s what I got for my winter set. Back in October of 2020 Tesla wanted $650 for just the wheel from the parts department. So the winter and tire package is actually a good deal, I just wish they offered a better winter tire. I ended up buying a set from a member here ( @jf64k , literally one of the most awesome guys I’ve dealt with!) that had just pulled them off and got an AMAZING deal at about $1650. (Just wheels & sensors, no tires) Then I got the Michelin XICE SNOW tires and got everything mounted and balanced. That’s my dedicated winter set which I’ll use on the Performance (if I can make this trade/upgrade work).

Ideally my favorite combo would be 20” Induction wheels for spring summer and the 19” Gemini with dedicated snow tires for winter. I would love if Tesla let people pick their wheel for the Performance, even if there was no discount. Loads of people try to sell those Uberturbines and struggle to get more than about $2,000 for them. I hardly see anyone selling Induction wheels here and the occasional Gemini set, but people snag those fast…
Do you know how much range the Gemini covers add? and do they not sell the Gemini's without a tire?

Do you know how much range the Gemini covers add? and do they not sell the Gemini's without a tire?
You can contact the parts department and order just the wheels that way… unless prices have changed though it’s a horrible deal compared to the tire package. They wanted like $600 or $650 per wheel in October or 2020. On the low end that’s $2,400 just for wheels and another $95 per tire pressure sensor. That’s $2,780 for wheels and sensors… the winter package is $2,750… so the tires are basically free…

Sell them for $400 and those “crappy” Sottozero’s are a steal at $100/each for someone!

You can contact the parts department and order just the wheels that way… unless prices have changed though it’s a horrible deal compared to the tire package. They wanted like $600 or $650 per wheel in October or 2020. On the low end that’s $2,400 just for wheels and another $95 per tire pressure sensor. That’s $2,780 for wheels and sensors… the winter package is $2,750… so the tires are basically free…

Sell them for $400 and those “crappy” Sottozero’s are a steal at $100/each for someone!

Wonder if this is legit

I’m not sure how this thread went from “MYP Estimated Delivery Dates” to “All about Wheels and Tires”. It’s very interesting but maybe someone should start a new thread all about wheels and tires. I kind of check this thread to hear updates as to when people have ordered and when they are getting their MYP, and EDD date changes etc.
I get it. delivery dates coincide with whats on the cars when they are delivered. people have questions about what tires come on them when they're delivered. I like to hear what to expect with delivery on a delivery thread. to each his own

I get it. delivery dates coincide with whats on the cars when they are delivered. people have questions about what tires come on them when they're delivered. I like to hear what to expect with delivery on a delivery thread. to each his own
At the risk of sounding like an jerk: this is a delivery estimates thread.

I don’t mind the occasional post or two about what comes with the delivery, but 3 pages is too much.

Ok everyone should look at their past post to make sure there only about delivery dates. I have
We are just saying three pages of wheels and tires is not what this thread is about. Maybe start a new thread and you might get 15 or 20 pages and your complete fill of wheels and tires. Everything you need to know about wheels, tires, and tire pressure sensors, all in one very happy thread.

So let me bring this back to the point. OD for my MYP 7/17. No hitch (took it off to move the order date up from December due to the hitch being on there as per Tesla advisor), and no FSD. EDD moved from December to February up to Sept 18-Oct. Today EDD went to Sept 20- Oct 25. Lost a couple days on the front end but gained a couple on the back end. Hoping EDD gets bumped closer or at least stay in September where they try to make their quota before the end of the quarter. I’m in California so I understand that tends to happen where they get a whole bunch of orders that go out to the West Coast people closer to the Fremont plant because they can deliver within a day or two. Also possible for the late in the quarter cars to get thrown together quickly and could possibly have more alignment problems. Wow, did not feel good. Ok, let’s talk tires 😂😂😂

Reactions: Socalfarmhouse
We are just saying three pages of wheels and tires is not what this thread is about. Maybe start a new thread and you might get 15 or 20 pages and your complete fill of wheels and tires. Everything you need to know about wheels, tires, and tire pressure sensors, all in one very happy thread.
Says the guy who talked about meatloaf for two pages

9PM on the first day of my second two week window.

MYP, Red/White, EAP
Seattle WA
OD: 4/25
EDD7: 8/2 to 8/16

Side note -- does anyone else have a similar build (red/white) on the west coast? I've noticed fewer posts of people getting their VINs recently for these.

9PM on the first day of my second two week window.

MYP, Red/White, EAP
Seattle WA
OD: 4/25
EDD7: 8/2 to 8/16

Side note -- does anyone else have a similar build (red/white) on the west coast? I've noticed fewer posts of people getting their VINs recently for these.
I’m MYP Red/Black OD 4/15, so close, but not exact same build as you. I’m in SoCal and I got my vin last week, delivery scheduled for next week. I’d have to imagine you’re close to getting vin, but I’ve seen PNW get hit with some delays.

Reactions: NeueBesser
OD 3/24:
I started my third two week window today. Made it through the whole first day and didn’t get delayed. The last two times I was delayed the day before my two week window and the morning of the first day.
Not many orders left from March for MYPs to deliver from what I've seen. Hopefully you get yours soon!
Some of us in the Blue thread were talking similarly. Didn't see a lot of Blues or Reds at all this quarter yet.

Reactions: jakeg1111