Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recent MYP Delivery Estimates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thought I'd share for those interested in the journey. I am in CA, my car was in production on 8/20 & 8/21. Yesterday morning it was in the Fremont parking lot. By 4:00 it was in Gilroy, an hour south of the factory. This morning it was half way to Southern California. For reference, it's an 8 hour drive from Fremont to San Diego. The SC is expecting it to arrive tonight or tomorrow. Makes me think the truck is stopping to drop other vehicles. 🤷‍♀️ Who knows, but seems like a leisurely drive. If it takes two days to drive 8 hours no wonder it takes 7-10 days to get cars across the US. I received this data from my SA pinging my car and sending me snapshots of it's location along the way. I'm not judging Tesla's delivery process just sharing the info.

What the hell, Tesla. I just redid my model 3 trade in... How the hell did my car lose $8000 in equity in two months? Now instead of $4,000 positive, I'm $4,000 negative. Something shady and not right about that. We'll see what Carmax has to say about this since they offered the same two months ago as Tesla. If a Carmax offer diminished the same way, then... I guess that's just the market... but that sucks.

Perhaps due to the IRA and the tax rebates for EVs, the cost of used vehicles is going down because new vehicles are subsidized?

Last edited:
Thought I'd share for those interested in the journey. I am in CA, my car was in production on 8/20 & 8/21. Yesterday morning it was in the Fremont parking lot. By 4:00 it was in Gilroy, an hour south of the factory. This morning it was half way to Southern California. For reference, it's an 8 hour drive from Fremont to San Diego. The SC is expecting it to arrive tonight or tomorrow. Makes me think the truck is stopping to drop other vehicles. 🤷‍♀️ Who knows, but seems like a leisurely drive. If it takes two days to drive 8 hours no wonder it takes 7-10 days to get cars across the US. I received this data from my SA pinging my car and sending me snapshots of it's location along the way. I'm not judging Tesla's delivery process just sharing the info.
You got one of the best SA's Tesla got. Congratulations!!!

What the hell, Tesla. I just redid my model 3 trade in... How the hell did my car lose $8000 in equity in two months? Now instead of $4,000 positive, I'm $4,000 negative. Something shady and not right about that. We'll see what Carmax has to say about this since they offered the same two months ago as Tesla. If a Carmax offer diminished the same way, then... I guess that's just the market... but that sucks.

Perhaps due to the IRA and the tax rebates for EVs, the cost of used vehicles is going down because new vehicles are subsidized?
If it makes you feel any better, my former MYLR has lost $9.2k in Tesla trade in value in 1 month (now compared to last month). Good thing they delivered the new car and took in my trade in last month, which I call sheer luck on my part.

Took delivery today. Was fast and seamless. Everything looks great! The only issue is that my data connection seems to have stopped working after my first stop (parked to run into the office for 10 min). I can't seem to get it working again, including a wheel size reset and a steering wheel reset. It's in getting PPF now so will stop at the SC on Monday if its not working still.

- Michelin all-seasons
- new door panels
- NO cargo cover (but SA said he saw the first one arrive today)
IMG_6884.jpeg

If it makes you feel any better, my former MYLR has lost $9.2k in Tesla trade in value in 1 month (now compared to last month). Good thing they delivered the new car and took in my trade in last month, which I call sheer luck on my part.
My Cousin ordered MYP and trade in value offered for his Model 3 LR last month was 38K but today its at 31K. He obviously rejected the offer.

Reactions: Chris Rivera