Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recent MYP Delivery Experience

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Greetings all from Tampa, FL.

I took delivery of my MYP today at the Tampa, FL Tesla store. My order timeline is below:

Placed Order: 07/20
Finished Initial Paperwork: 07/21
Received VIN: 08/11
EDD Window: August 22 - August 28
Delivery Date: My first available delivery date was 27 August or the day after the truck was scheduled to arrive. I was out of town, so I delayed until 31 August.

If you use 27 August as the delivery date, it took 39 days from order to delivery; 38 days from initial paperwork to earliest delivery; and 17 days from VIN to earliest delivery. Given everything going on with the pandemic, 38 days seemed perfectly reasonable, but I also realize that there are many of you suffering through the EDD window lottery.

I was contacted by the Telsa team 24 hours prior to delivery to confirm my account details and e-sign all of the associated paperwork. This unlocked the "Take Delivery of my Tesla" section of my account on the web. Approximately 30 minutes prior to my appointment, I received a text telling me what stall my car was located in at the Telsa store and received a call from the team asking if I had any questions.

My delivery experience was 100% contactless except for signing my registration form and turning that one sheet over to an employee in the parking lot. Once I "Took Delivery" on the web, the Tesla App synced with my car and allowed me to unlock it. Inside the vehicle were two key cards and some basic instructions on how to get going. This is my first Telsa and despite watching copious amounts of YouTube videos, I still found the initial experience just a little disorienting, but I was up and running with the basics without needing help from any employee.

Funny story. I was working up in Fort Walton Beach, FL last week, which is why I had to delay my delivery. Well, on my way back down to Tampa I actually passed my car on the truck transport going east on I-10, just before Tallahassee. There were three transport trucks, mostly loaded with Model Ys. There were a few 3s on there but only one MYP in Grey, so I knew it was mine given the delivery timeline to the Tampa, FL Tesla store. I was pleased to see it was tucked behind the rear cab of the truck, blocking any larger debris.

I've attached some delivery day photos. I didn't see any major panel gaps or other issues (paint), so it looks like I got lucky on the draw. I drove straight from the Tesla store over to my local Tint/Clear bra shop, so I'll update this post with those pictures once I get the car back at the end of the week. Just a side note, I never received or was ever contacted by my "service advisor" and getting a hold of anyone in sales at the Tampa, FL location is a bit rough. I was pleased to hear the delivery was contactless as I just wanted to get my car and go.

Attachments

• IMG_1315.jpg
    IMG_1315.jpg
    432 KB · Views: 467
  • IMG_1314.jpg
    IMG_1314.jpg
    391 KB · Views: 401
  • IMG_1313.jpg
    IMG_1313.jpg
    733.7 KB · Views: 415
  • IMG_1312.jpg
    IMG_1312.jpg
    792.2 KB · Views: 407
  • IMG_1311.jpg
    IMG_1311.jpg
    890.1 KB · Views: 412
I picked my car up from the Tint and Clear Bra shop this afternoon. If you're in Tampa, I highly recommend Auto Paint Guard on Nebraska Avenue. This is my eigth car I've sent to them and they've always done a fantastic job.

I put 70% on the windshield, rear windows, and hatch along with 20% on the fronts. The car got a full front clear bra along with the mirrors and rocker panels along with a two-step polish on the paint (1-step on the glass) and G Techniq Cyrstal Syrum all around. As I went to drive home, the car shut down and wouldn't let me drive. I got the much talked about 12V warning and the car threw a whole slew of "low power" etc. warnings. 5 hours later, with 8 miles on the odometer, it was on a flat bed to the Telsa Service Center 2 miles down the road. Great start...

Attachments

• IMG_1320.jpg
    IMG_1320.jpg
    703.6 KB · Views: 393
  • IMG_1321.jpg
    IMG_1321.jpg
    731 KB · Views: 385
  • IMG_1322.jpg
    IMG_1322.jpg
    663.2 KB · Views: 342
  • IMG_1323.jpg
    IMG_1323.jpg
    702.5 KB · Views: 367
  • IMG_1324.jpg
    IMG_1324.jpg
    840.9 KB · Views: 346
  • IMG_1325.jpg
    IMG_1325.jpg
    737.1 KB · Views: 407
I picked my car up from the Tint and Clear Bra shop this afternoon. If you're in Tampa, I highly recommend Auto Paint Guard on Nebraska Avenue. This is my eigth car I've sent to them and they've always done a fantastic job.

I put 70% on the windshield, rear windows, and hatch along with 20% on the fronts. The car got a full front clear bra along with the mirrors and rocker panels along with a two-step polish on the paint (1-step on the glass) and G Techniq Cyrstal Syrum all around. As I went to drive home, the car shut down and wouldn't let me drive. I got the much talked about 12V warning and the car threw a whole slew of "low power" etc. warnings. 5 hours later, with 8 miles on the odometer, it was on a flat bed to the Telsa Service Center 2 miles down the road. Great start...
Update?

Greetings all from Tampa, FL.

I took delivery of my MYP today at the Tampa, FL Tesla store. My order timeline is below:

Placed Order: 07/20
Finished Initial Paperwork: 07/21
Received VIN: 08/11
EDD Window: August 22 - August 28
Delivery Date: My first available delivery date was 27 August or the day after the truck was scheduled to arrive. I was out of town, so I delayed until 31 August.

If you use 27 August as the delivery date, it took 39 days from order to delivery; 38 days from initial paperwork to earliest delivery; and 17 days from VIN to earliest delivery. Given everything going on with the pandemic, 38 days seemed perfectly reasonable, but I also realize that there are many of you suffering through the EDD window lottery.

I was contacted by the Telsa team 24 hours prior to delivery to confirm my account details and e-sign all of the associated paperwork. This unlocked the "Take Delivery of my Tesla" section of my account on the web. Approximately 30 minutes prior to my appointment, I received a text telling me what stall my car was located in at the Telsa store and received a call from the team asking if I had any questions.

My delivery experience was 100% contactless except for signing my registration form and turning that one sheet over to an employee in the parking lot. Once I "Took Delivery" on the web, the Tesla App synced with my car and allowed me to unlock it. Inside the vehicle were two key cards and some basic instructions on how to get going. This is my first Telsa and despite watching copious amounts of YouTube videos, I still found the initial experience just a little disorienting, but I was up and running with the basics without needing help from any employee.

Funny story. I was working up in Fort Walton Beach, FL last week, which is why I had to delay my delivery. Well, on my way back down to Tampa I actually passed my car on the truck transport going east on I-10, just before Tallahassee. There were three transport trucks, mostly loaded with Model Ys. There were a few 3s on there but only one MYP in Grey, so I knew it was mine given the delivery timeline to the Tampa, FL Tesla store. I was pleased to see it was tucked behind the rear cab of the truck, blocking any larger debris.

I've attached some delivery day photos. I didn't see any major panel gaps or other issues (paint), so it looks like I got lucky on the draw. I drove straight from the Tesla store over to my local Tint/Clear bra shop, so I'll update this post with those pictures once I get the car back at the end of the week. Just a side note, I never received or was ever contacted by my "service advisor" and getting a hold of anyone in sales at the Tampa, FL location is a bit rough. I was pleased to hear the delivery was contactless as I just wanted to get my car and go.
Congrats. I ordered mine on 7/9 from Tampa but still didn’t receive VIN and ETA was pushed multiple times and showing up now from Oct end or Nov 1st week. Good that you got sooner than lot of people. Agree with you that it’s pretty hard to reach folks at Tampa location most of the time,

Reactions: cdye1212
It's still in the shop. Parts ordered with an expected return by 24 September. The service center said they decided to replace the Primary Control Module (PCM) along with the 12V since they couldn't tell if the issues I had were only related to the 12V. I'm sure you all know this but the PCM is the EV version of an alternator and is responsible for charging the 12V along with DC-to-DC conversion.

I can't say that I'm happy, as the car will have spent 3 weeks of its first 30 days in the shop by the time I get it back, but I guess that's just the luck of the draw. There's a chance I could get my car back sooner as they pushed out the availability date b/c they didn't know when the PCM would ship and there were three cars with the same issue ahead of me at the Tampa location.

• Informative
Reactions: jebinc and cwerdna
It's still in the shop. Parts ordered with an expected return by 24 September. The service center said they decided to replace the Primary Control Module (PCM) along with the 12V since they couldn't tell if the issues I had were only related to the 12V. I'm sure you all know this but the PCM is the EV version of an alternator and is responsible for charging the 12V along with DC-to-DC conversion.

I can't say that I'm happy, as the car will have spent 3 weeks of its first 30 days in the shop by the time I get it back, but I guess that's just the luck of the draw. There's a chance I could get my car back sooner as they pushed out the availability date b/c they didn't know when the PCM would ship and there were three cars with the same issue ahead of me at the Tampa location.
That sucks. Did they give you a rental at least? Maybe a Tesla rental?

Looks fantastic. Question: What mudflaps are those? Im in Vegas and the desert roads can be sandblasters when we to 200+ days without rain so Im on the hunt.

Reactions: cdye1212