Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recent White MY/MYP Deliveries - Paint Match?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
my apologies, totally forgot to respond! these aren't great photos but my boyfriend & I have inspected the car like crazy and found no paint match issues. we also only have a few veryyyy minor panel gap issues, which are set to be repaired in the next week or two. I think we got really lucky and got a good car with almost no issues. our friend who has a M3P said his came with way more issues.

anyways, here are some photos as promised! :)

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    628.2 KB · Views: 210
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    670.5 KB · Views: 164
Reactions: Jbapckfan and mrwug
my apologies, totally forgot to respond! these aren't great photos but my boyfriend & I have inspected the car like crazy and found no paint match issues. we also only have a few veryyyy minor panel gap issues, which are set to be repaired in the next week or two. I think we got really lucky and got a good car with almost no issues. our friend who has a M3P said his came with way more issues.

I'm not so sure you "got really lucky," For sure, QC is poor for Tesla paint and fitment issues, but I'd wager those with issues are UNlucky.

Reactions: onyxbanx

Looking great and thanks for posting!

Reactions: onyxbanx

Of the two picture unfortunately taken in mutli light shade I can still tell from the front pic that the bumper is not perfectly color matched. Perhaps this is an example of the best or as good as it gets color match ever for a Model Y in white.

Of the two picture unfortunately taken in mutli light shade I can still tell from the front pic that the bumper is not perfectly color matched. Perhaps this is an example of the best or as good as it gets color match ever for a Model Y in white.
No. I've seen several here in FW that are perfect, from every angle.

Reactions: ucsdsig
in person it looks great to me and everyone else who has seen the car. I really doubt it would be noticeable to anyone who wasn't actively looking for paint match issues.

Reactions: ucsdsig
When I asked the sales advisor, he did say the SC is great about fixing defects. That said, based on on threads here on the forum, it sounds like the bumper would just be replaced rather than repainted. I think the issue becomes different shades of white from bumper to bumper.
Just spoke with SC in NC and they don’t really care. They said this is normal chemical reaction for whatever paint they used.

Just spoke with SC in NC and they don’t really care. They said this is normal chemical reaction for whatever paint they used.
What is this "normal chemical reaction" the SC is referring to? Either the paint matches or it doesn't.

It's a $50k+ car. The paint should match. This isn't open to opinion. Either it does or it doesn't. If it doesn't, Tesla needs to make it right.

Reactions: Clark_Kent
What is this "normal chemical reaction" the SC is referring to? Either the paint matches or it doesn't.

It's a $50k+ car. The paint should match. This isn't open to opinion. Either it does or it doesn't. If it doesn't, Tesla needs to make it right.
Talk a walk down Lowe’s or Home Depot sometime and look at the bumpers/car paint matching of other manufacturers. It is quite shocking how many don’t match. Mine was close enough that I just didn’t find it a big deal. For anyone that plans to do the stealth wrap, you won’t be able to tell after it is wrapped.

Schulz1983: That may be true, but seriously, NOT in a $50k+ car...in 2021.
Yes in a $50k car in 2021. Ford is having color match issues, my Jeep did not match (btw that was a $56k vehicle in 2014). I agree Tesla needs to do better in the paint department but it wasn’t a deal breaker for me. I guess I’m one of those odd people that don’t inspect my vehicles with a fine tooth comb. Most people that inspect them hardcore don’t want to spend the money to protect them so they wind up chipped up in a couple years.