TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Recently noticed minor cosmetic niggles

Discussion in 'The UK and Ireland' started by nightowl, Jan 1, 2020.

1. nightowl

nightowl Member

I've had my Model 3 now for 2 months. Waiting for Tesla to send someone out at some point to replace the rear seats (or whatever they need to do to fix the large water-like stain I posted about previously.)

Out of curiosity I had a sit in the back a few days ago to see if the mark could've been caused by water coming in during transit. It's probably unrelated but I noticed some unevenness between the glass and the big plastic part that goes across the underside of the roof in the middle of the car - one side seemed to have more of a gap than the other (about 5mm or so difference.) Externally all looks fine so I assume this is just cosmetic and wouldn't have been letting water in.

Today whilst washing the car I noticed a fairly large, brighter patch on the paintwork that is the kind of thing that isn't obvious until you know it's there. Definitely wasn't a reflection.

With the nearest service centre being an hour's drive away it's going to be a bit of a hassle, and I'm worried with the paint side of things that it could end up being worse... Is it worth getting these things looked at and as I've only just noticed them, is it likely they'll say it wasn't like that at delivery so not their fault?

2. Avendit

Avendit Member

First problem could just be interior trim - give it a shove and see if it clicks into place? Or pull it off and see if you can see additional problems or a root cause?

Second, depending on how serious it is and what the actual problem is I'd be tempted to have someone local look at it. 2 months down the line you will struggle to get them to take responsibly for it unless some paint is actually missing. Unfortunately and you will have more control if you get it sorted yourself. Combine with an all over detailing session and be properly happy with the paint.

3. Rooster6655

Rooster6655 Active Member

Well its a paint defect that can only really have happened at production, they should sort it but could take literally 3 months+ so I'd look at a local option if you want to save your sanity!