TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Recommendation for service providers in the Peninsula?

Discussion in 'California' started by missmelon, Dec 27, 2013.

1. missmelon

missmelon Member

Hi!

I was wondering if any of your experienced owners have found a good car wash and detailer who can install the AlloyGators and any other protective extras I can apply to my two-week old S.

Thanks!

Helen

2. JPP

JPP Active Member

Joe at Orinda Auto Detail (his e-mail is as I wrote the info). He has protected over 200 Model S and can do OptiCoat and Alloy Gators.

3. missmelon

missmelon Member

Thank you :) I called him earlier. Trying to find someone closer as I live in San Carlos, but looks like he's my guy.

4. 808inthe510

808inthe510 Member

Yes, I second Joe at Orinda Auto Detail. I got my P85+ on Monday 12/9 and drove it that day to Joe. He worked on it for 5 days. He opticoated it, apply Xpel Ultimate, opticoated that, applied the Alloy Gators and also optiguarded the interior. He does fantastic work and is a stickler for details. He has you bring in a week a later to make sure that everything is good with the install and work. He washed it and even took care of a careless scratch that I put on the car....he made it brand new.

You won't be disappointed. Since I had a large job which lasted the week, he even offered to cover the cost of a rental car. He is closing in on 300 Teslas...as mine was around 266 in early December.

5. missmelon

missmelon Member

That's a lot of opti-coating...wow. I will have to do more research as I thought opt-coat served the same purpose as XPEL. Is the interior opti-coat to protect the leather? How much (roughly) did this job run you?

Thank you for your input.

6. gnychis

gnychis Member

Would it be possible for you to break down how much he charged for each of these things? For example, how much the Xpel was vs. the opticoat?

7. JPP

JPP Active Member

For me, Joe's prep/detailing (paint perfection) was $300, and OptiCoat $350, but he might have raised his rates since last summer.