TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Recommendation for tinting/OptiCoat in Chicago / North Shore?

Discussion in 'Midwest/Great Lakes' started by sdstein, Mar 13, 2014.

1. sdstein

sdstein Member

I'm taking delivery of my new S85 at the end of the month, and based on a number of other posts am considering getting Opti-Coat or some other similar protection for the car, as well as possibly tinting. Searches of other posts have recommended a place in Elmwood Park, but that's going to be very inconvenient. Can anyone recommend a body shop either in Chicago or on the North Shore?

2. Argelius

Argelius Member

I'd be interested in that, too...

3. Trouthooked

Trouthooked Member

Did you guys ever find a good window tint shop around the North Shore?

4. gnxs

gnxs Member

I have a good shop in the Western Burbs, but that probably isn't convenient for North Shore folks.

5. Fezzik

Fezzik P100D, M3LR

Chicago auto pros is who I am recommend. They did mine and are good. They are opening their 2nd location in Glenview aug 1st.

6. Trouthooked

Trouthooked Member

Did you have them do crystalline?

7. Fezzik

Fezzik P100D, M3LR

They can do crystalline. They will do really whatever you want them to do. I went with llumar. They did it nicely. They take the tint all the way to the edge which makes it look like factory.

8. gaucho20

gaucho20 Member

this is awesome news. I am expecting delivery of my 86D in a week or two, and was dreading the drive to Glen Ellyn for Opticoat. Given their reputation, I would guess/hope they would have the same quality in the glenview location.

Also, I hear the Tintworks in Vernon Hills is great for Llumar.