Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recommended PPF installer in So Cal? (West side)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks for those details. The maintenance part I understand because earlier in the thread you said apply spray 4x per year requirement Got that. What is the weather thing? We all live in the Greater Los Angeles area.... I mean what is the weather variable?

Coatings are systems in general and due diligence needs to be observed.

Weather like hail is what I would assume...standard verbiage for random acts of extreme weather...

Update:
Doug @Concours has mentioned to me that he has a few booking but I show only 1x confirmed booking here..

1. LadeeLotus.
Appointment 4-27-18
Vin 2673
MSM
Full Front PPF, Tint and wax

Picking up my car tomorrow and taking it straight to Doug.

Appointment 5-1-2018
VIN # 7057
Deep Blue Metcallic
Full Front PPF, Modesta interior/exterior, Tint, Chrome delete and center console/dash.

Last edited:
Reactions: mobilesuit818
Comparison of products that pretty much do the same thing is left to the eye of the beholder especially when you have a comparable product with comparable warranties.

Not devaluing any brand...just stating my personal opinion.
Many people are brand conscious and spend extra money for just that only to find the products were made almost identical with the same specs!

Many people are brand conscious and spend extra money for just that only to find the products were made almost identical with the same specs!

To me, it’s always about prep.

You can make decent material look great.

I’m weird but for this type of thing, I look for the OCD in an installer and their mannerisms. It speaks highly of their process and attention to detail.

Back on topic, but a little farther out there. Ghost Shield in Thousand Oaks is an excellent installer who has done a couple of my cars and several from friends. Very professional and very nice folks. Ghost Shield : Clear Bra Los Angeles, Hollywood & Simi Valley

I found Ghostshield to be noticeably higher than the deal Doug is offering us. When I contacted them via email, they did not seem interested in lowering.

I won't be shy about this: We all need to sell this group discount. I think Doug is offering a great deal and it could become a super great deal if we hit 20+ bookings. One of the best things we can do is start posting our photos and experiences as we get through our appointments.

He stated a substantial discount, around $300-$350 for the PPF and Modesta options, respectively which is huge alone.
Can we get a little clarification here to help sweeten the pot and draw more people into this group buy? When you say "respectively", do you mean $300-$350 per service, meaning PPF-only would receive $300-$350 rebate and Modesta would also receive a $300-$350 rebate, and if you did both you would receive $600-$700 rebate?

Reactions: drewbaumann
Can we get a little clarification here to help sweeten the pot and draw more people into this group buy? When you say "respectively", do you mean $300-$350 per service, meaning PPF-only would receive $300-$350 rebate and Modesta would also receive a $300-$350 rebate, and if you did both you would receive $600-$700 rebate?

Side note: Congrats on your delivery this week.

Rebate(meaning this would be the amount "rebated" back to you by Concours or this is the discount after we hit 20x.) is as follows:

$320 for Frontal PPF package
$380 for Frontal, rockers,Lower C Panel PPF package
$400 for Front, Rockers Lower C Panel and luggage strip package
$500 for 360 PPF package
$400 for Modesta package

No rebate for tint as that's severely discounted.

Please do me a solid and dont mention these numbers when shopping around as you should be getting blind quotes from your provider.
(one of my pet peeves is saying, oh I got this price from this guy, expecting a lower price from your guy, but in reality, you are just tanking and de-valuing the market).

Reactions: atlas310