Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recommended PPF installer in So Cal? (West side)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just wanted to point some things out.

The PPF pricing that is given is still pretty good, especially since we all know that its custom with folded edges.

The Modest, IMO is the best coating that i can get my hands on, and a few hundred bucks shouldnt deter you.

I mentioned this before, but if you are on the fence with prices, then book your appt with Doug for PPF and then have a conversation about the discounts on Modesta, he is a business man and human being at the end of the day....

Reactions: 9erDog
Just wanted to point some things out.

The PPF pricing that is given is still pretty good, especially since we all know that its custom with folded edges.

The Modest, IMO is the best coating that i can get my hands on, and a few hundred bucks shouldnt deter you.

I mentioned this before, but if you are on the fence with prices, then book your appt with Doug for PPF and then have a conversation about the discounts on Modesta, he is a business man and human being at the end of the day....

I think many people, myself included, are opting to pass on the PPF and are primarily interested in the Modesta. That said, I have my appointment booked and I'm going to get it done regardless.

Modesta coating is discounted and includes paint correction for free. Every other place i talked to was $300-400 extra for the paint correction. His deal on tint 30-50% better than anyone i talked to. Everyone else upcharged for a 1 piece rear and for the front windshield. I called 7-8 places for quotes before I made a decision.

Modesta coating is discounted and includes paint correction for free. Every other place i talked to was $300-400 extra for the paint correction. His deal on tint 30-50% better than anyone i talked to. Everyone else upcharged for a 1 piece rear and for the front windshield. I called 7-8 places for quotes before I made a decision.
You mind letting us know which shops you contacted and approximate costs of paint correction and coating (and which coatings the shops use). I feel everyone would love to make an informed choice and i wish these shops where upfront with their pricing. Cheapest is not always the best, but without pricing, it is impossible to make an informed choice. I have started sending out quote requests in the OC area and will happily share the quotes i receive.

I thank those that arranged this group buy and I thank Doug for the offer, but I'm out. i'm not really interested in a PPF so a full package is not in the books for me. All i am looking for is a quality paint correction and coating. I want to make my car easy to clean and help protect the softish paint Tesla uses. I'm not really interested in spending $2-3K and turning my car in to a hermetically sealed armor coated show piece.
Unfortunately Doug uses very exclusive coatings (and i'm sure great quality) so without the additional 20+ person discount he is out of my price range. I'm going to start looking around for a more budget friendly option, something in the $1K range which should be plenty for paint correction and coating. Good luck to the group buy. If you reach your numbers this looks like a good deal for those that are interested in the "Full Monty".
He is offering some sub 1k options and I think that as far as prices go these individual (already discounted) deals are the best value you will find in LA. That said I totally get the disappointment because we feel like a rug was pulled from under us.

My advice: Reach out to Doug! Especially if you have already booked an appointment. He can walk you through other options or maybe help sweeten the deal.

He is offering some sub 1k options and I think that as far as prices go these individual (already discounted) deals are the best value you will find in LA. That said I totally get the disappointment because we feel like a rug was pulled from under us.

My advice: Reach out to Doug! Especially if you have already booked an appointment. He can walk you through other options or maybe help sweeten the deal.

FWIW, I do not feel that the rug was pulled out from under us. The coating pricing was good to begin with and the possibility of lowering it further made it great. I can live with good especially from such a highly rated installer as Doug appears to be. I don't hold any of this against Doug as it appears that outside influences impacted a great deal we had going.

I'm still planning on the coating once I get my car. Still waiting on that though. :)

FWIW, I do not feel that the rug was pulled out from under us. The coating pricing was good to begin with and the possibility of lowering it further made it great. I can live with good especially from such a highly rated installer as Doug appears to be. I don't hold any of this against Doug as it appears that outside influences impacted a great deal we had going.

I'm still planning on the coating once I get my car. Still waiting on that though. :)

Well said!!!

Reactions: drewbaumann
Just FYI and In no way a comparison to what is being offered in the group buy. I contacted 2 detailers is Orange County (both 5 star yelp reviewed) and was quoted $450 and $499 for pain correction and application of Cquartz uk. I just want to share these prices so people can see the price difference, but deciding if the primium products are worth it is a much more personal question. Also degree of “paint correction” may vary, but by the reviews and time required for work, I really feel that one of these detailers spend quite some time paint correcting. . Pro coatings vs “consumer” coatings is a topic out of my knowledge base. One retailer recommend Ceramic Pro 2 Year ($895) instead. Said it had more protection/shine/and longevity than Cquartz uk but I’m not sure I buy that. Always hard to get truly objective recommendations from those that are trying to sell you a more expensive product.

Definitely interested though in socal (OC). Haven't seen any group buys set up down here though. Just to clarify, is the Modesta coating price include paint correction? What's the warranty on the Modesta coating?

Definitely interested though in socal (OC). Haven't seen any group buys set up down here though. Just to clarify, is the Modesta coating price include paint correction? What's the warranty on the Modesta coating?

My first S required $500 in paint correction prior to paint protection.

My second S required $300 in paint correction prior to paint protection.

With the exception of the deal noted in this thread, I don't know that Modesta is worth the additional cost unless you have a black car and/or plan to keep the car for more than 5 years. I went with Opti-Coat for a steel grey (now midnight silver) S and it was just fine for the 2+ years that I had it.

Having said that, the price quoted for Modesta above *with included paint correction* makes for an extremely attractive package - especially for West LA.

Also, it's worth traveling for a good detailer - and West LA isn't that far from the OC. However, if you want an OC detailer, I highly recommend Extreme Autowerks/Reveal Detailing which is/are now newly in Brea after years in Cerritos. Ask for Bing or Ryan. Tell 'em the guy with the fridge sent you.

No badge. The adhesive from Tesla is on backordered from last year. So all missing hood logos are done by Concours. He will apply it once the adhesive comes in.
Went back to Concours to get the PPF checked for any lifting edges and having the PPF applied to the headlights(optional). Oh Doug also got the hood logos in so I’m the first that got applied. Yay......Everything looks great!

Reactions: drewbaumann
New member here, got my order with a local member as well. So I have VIN and am waiting call for delivery and I want to drive straight to Doug, any clue how far we are from 20 buyers? Last time I saw not sure where, were 6 buyers already. Also what are some deals Doug is adding on top? I heard someone saying emblems decals as well? Got a blue TM3, want to add some reds. Appreciate all the work has been done on researching here.

Can someone explain (or point me in the direction) this issue? I'm not familiar with it...

Edit: Also, what happened to ceramic coating option on the group buy?

So better not do windshield? Really don't want to take chances on messing up the electronics, I saw some posts about this. Since the Windshield is included on Doug's package, what has been folks experience on that? Thanks