Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recommended PPF installer in So Cal? (West side)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks @quacamaya I should probably put a deposit in now even thought I'm still waiting for my M3.

That's what I'm going to do as well, for me it may not be until October or November until I receive the car anyway (NP AWD, white interior, go me with the 1/30/17 reservation date, though at least it's Blue and not OBM haha).

I'd heard of Concours previously and was looking to do this there anyway, but group buy, I'm in!

For those of you who are curious, I just spoke to Doug and I asked him how close he is to getting 20 people. He said that he had closed the first round of 20, was around 17 on the 2nd round and has easily 30 more reservations. He's within a week of announcing his new second location, which will be 1 mile from MdR Tesla delivery center. Then all of us will get a call about moving our appointment dates up.

For those of you who are curious, I just spoke to Doug and I asked him how close he is to getting 20 people. He said that he had closed the first round of 20, was around 17 on the 2nd round and has easily 30 more reservations. He's within a week of announcing his new second location, which will be 1 mile from MdR Tesla delivery center. Then all of us will get a call about moving our appointment dates up.

You beat me to the punch!

Due to the backlog(which is currently all the way to November), Doug is in the final phases of opening up a 4300 sqft facility near the MDR pickup center.

What does this mean?

This means that he is going to reach out to current appointments holders and pull them in. This also means that if you’ve reluctant to make an appt cause of the backlog, don’t wait anymore and get on the list. Turnaround time should be much better.

For the 20x number, once we reach that, Doug will reach out to those peeps and start issuing rebates.

I am working on a deal now that could potentially be even more of a deal but not finalized yet.

For people who has their cars done, can you guys please do me a favor and post feedback and pics?

Last edited:
@mobilesuit818, Thanks for setting the deal. As personal preference, i like to have 3M Cry on my windows since I have it on my other 2 ICE and love them so much on the heat blocking. Here are my questions:

If i only want to do frontal option 1 PPF + rocker pnal+Luggage Strip, am i still qualify for the rebate? or I have to do the PPF + Ceramic coating.

Since I only do frontal PPF, the ceramic coating going to apply to full body or just the portion that got PPF? the reason i ask this because I read some other thread that ceramic coating only apply to where the PPF got wrap.

Our neighbors took their red Model 3 to RPM TESLA in Orange county. They had their front end done in 3M PPF, and Ceramic Pro on the whole car, and they got ceramic window tint, and their wheels powder coated with a full chrome delete. RPM TESLA delivered the car back to them in their enclosed trailer. I do not know what they paid, but I will find out.

https://www.rpmtesla.com/clear-bra

The delivery option is great for people not in Orange County

@mobilesuit818, Thanks for setting the deal. As personal preference, i like to have 3M Cry on my windows since I have it on my other 2 ICE and love them so much on the heat blocking. Here are my questions:

If i only want to do frontal option 1 PPF + rocker pnal+Luggage Strip, am i still qualify for the rebate? or I have to do the PPF + Ceramic coating.

Since I only do frontal PPF, the ceramic coating going to apply to full body or just the portion that got PPF? the reason i ask this because I read some other thread that ceramic coating only apply to where the PPF got wrap.

I’m not a brand person, but I know that it’s all in the same ball park as far as attributes, and really comes down to prep and installation. Who ever says otherwise, doesn’t really know or have the experience, and/or trying to be a salesman.

I can speak from experience that you can get a lot better for less, hence why we worked on getting this deal out to the masses.

From what I hear, Doug uses quality stuff and stands behind their work and product which a lot of shops say they do but once they have your money, service goes out the window(I was a victim of this circumstance way back)

Ceramic coating is essentially a sealer regardless of PPF, and is usually applied on top of the PPF and the other paint surfaces as well.

Rebates/further discounts only apply to Full packages; Tint/ceramic/PPF/ etc

Our neighbors took their red Model 3 to RPM TESLA in Orange county. They had their front end done in 3M PPF, and Ceramic Pro on the whole car, and they got ceramic window tint, and their wheels powder coated with a full chrome delete. RPM TESLA delivered the car back to them in their enclosed trailer. I do not know what they paid, but I will find out.

https://www.rpmtesla.com/clear-bra

The delivery option is great for people not in Orange County

There are many service options out there and everyone is free to choose and pay more if they want.

I would consider myself a peasant and know that you can get better for less if you willing to forgo on a few concessions.

I’m okay with not getting my car delivered and driving x amount of miles to get my car investment protected while still have quality products applied with superior worksmanship by a super cool guy who is willing to work with us, this alone goes along a way for me.

Not forcing this deal on anyone, just saying, if you guys are good with saving some $$, then come join me, if you want to pay more for X services, then by my guest.

Just made appt with Doug for the frontal PPF and current availability is Nov 16.... After the new shop open, mine will be move up till Mid Sept. i am going to drive my car naked for 7-8 weeks. thanks @mobilesuit818 for the setting up.

Doug is sandbagging, once the new shop is online, I’m sure he will be able to accommodate you much earlier, I would bet you a soda pop...

Update as of today.

Doug has graciously agreed to start submitting rebates for qualified people on the google sheet, even though we are not at that 20x number, he is being supportive of the group here and taking a leap of faith.

Note that this is a process, so Doug and I will be reaching out to the qualified people who are the google page list for the "rebate" this week and start issuing rebates.

THE ASK:
For everyone who has had their car completed with Concours, or will be, can you guys please provide some honest feedback on the yelp page? This would show good faith on our part and feedback so he can pivot and provide the level of service that we need.

Reactions: Rosalind