Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recommended PPF installer in So Cal? (West side)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here's the final result.
Frontal PPF, ceramic coating, 40% tint all around (no windshield), blackvue dash cam. I did the Gtechniq G1 Clearvision and C5 Wheel Armour myself
Looks amazing. I did frontal PPF but am currently maintaining a synthetic wax for now. I keep thinking about a ceramic coating, maybe even applying one myself. Would like to hear how much it helps reduce washing times in a few weeks and months of use...

Looks amazing. I did frontal PPF but am currently maintaining a synthetic wax for now. I keep thinking about a ceramic coating, maybe even applying one myself. Would like to hear how much it helps reduce washing times in a few weeks and months of use...
yea the whole reason why i did the ceramic coating is because i am lazy to wash car. ideally, if i can wash and just air pressure the water off the car without drying, it would be golden. Will let you know how it goes.

Last week I booked with Doug, great guy btw. Super friendly. Booked Full frontal ppf, ceramic coating, tint, and center console. He did say he was booked pretty much through August and that was last week. My delivery date is this coming Thursday and he wont be able to get to my car until the week of August 20th. He did give me some tips and tricks to try and not ruin the car until he could get to it though. He really wants to get as many cars in but he's limited to the guys he has at the moment. His business has really picked up.

Hi all, I just booked my M3 for September 4th: tint, ceramic and PPF. I do want to be sure that we are all aware of when he hits 20 installs. Is there a way to view the spreadsheet logs? I would also want something in writing from the shop when paying the rest of the fee, confirming the pending refund. Thank you for arranging this btw!

Hi all, I just booked my M3 for September 4th: tint, ceramic and PPF. I do want to be sure that we are all aware of when he hits 20 installs. Is there a way to view the spreadsheet logs? I would also want something in writing from the shop when paying the rest of the fee, confirming the pending refund. Thank you for arranging this btw!
I am curious about the same thing. Did you register to the LA group buy spreadsheet as i think thats the only way we can track when we are reaching 20 people. here's the links LA Tesla Group Buy
I am coming back for a check up this coming weekend and thinking of asking Doug for the same thing... an invoice stating the warranty + pending refund.

I am curious about the same thing. Did you register to the LA group buy spreadsheet as i think thats the only way we can track when we are reaching 20 people. here's the links LA Tesla Group Buy
I am coming back for a check up this coming weekend and thinking of asking Doug for the same thing... an invoice stating the warranty + pending refund.

The member discount is still valid and is a pretty substantial discount by itself.

The tiered rebate (not refund) only opens up when 20x Full package(Full Tint, Ceramic, PPF, Chrome Delete, etc)are made.

Once we hit the magic number, I will verify the VINs versus Doug records.

Based on the google sheet, we are not quite there yet.

upload_2018-7-9_21-37-0.png

Attachments

• upload_2018-7-9_20-55-25.png
    upload_2018-7-9_20-55-25.png
    18.6 KB · Views: 75
how far does the rear window tint go up to? end of defroster lines? entire rear window including rear roof to avoid seeing the gradient difference
I have the same question. Anyone can answer? Thanks!
The entire rear window is tinted with one long piece of tint. Since it's one piece there's no line where two tint pieces would meet and there's no gradient difference as the entire glass has the tint applied to it.

Hi, yes, i have registered on the google sheet, but the data can't be viewed. Thanks to the post above we get a sense for it. Please check back on the invoice, warranty, rebate situation after your check up visit. I hope it goes smoothly once the time comes to get the partial refund.

I would even ask about the number of cars he has done full package on already.

Another quick question, does anyone know if the frontal wrap including the headlights? it doesnt appear i have any wrap for headlights on my car but curious if other people have them?

Full Frontal: Includes Front Fenders, Bumper, Hood, Lights, Mirrors

When I made my appointment with Doug, he said the front PPF does include the headlights. My car is getting done next week.

Hey,

Firstly, thanks for everyone that has contributed and organized this. I am interested in the 360 PPF with stealth, is this considered the deal for the color change and is it still available?

Let me know if I should just contact Doug directly.

To everyone asking about the rebate(It’s clearly not a refund, and I wish you guys would stop calling it that),

Please be careful how we speak and approach this, as based on the posted context and recent comments, it may seem to have a perception of being aggressive/hostile.

The last thing I want to do is hurt our reputation with Doug or any vendor and rubbing people the wrong way and have this deal pulled/rescinded.

I won’t point fingers, but that kind of attitude is what screwed up the sweeter deal we had originally, but that’s why we can’t have nice things, cause other people don’t play well.

He is helping us out, and by no means needs any type of advertising..

I have also put in some decent time for this, to ensure that our group rate was substantial.

Please don’t make me regret setting this up.

If you think you found a better deal, then please share here.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: MXWing