Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Red P3D with Black Interior

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
(It's not worth a poll, but which is clearer:
"P" vs. "P+"
"P" vs. "PP"
...or don't really care; they both communicate the key info? (Neither is really unambiguous re. the "P-minus" -- but that seems like bad terminology.))

Last edited:
Reactions: Grzesiak
To be accurate, I think this thread was created to find out if anyone with Red/Black and the Performance Upgrade package had taken delivery. According to the spreadsheet, there are a number of the Aeros with VIN assigned or delivered, but none with the performance upgrade package.

To be accurate, I think this thread was created to find out if anyone with Red/Black and the Performance Upgrade package had taken delivery. According to the spreadsheet, there are a number of the Aeros with VIN assigned or delivered, but none with the performance upgrade package.

I posted at slightly more length here, but my current speculation from the spreadsheet is:

GA4 is producing only P+ with only white.
GAp is producing AWD and P- with only black.
GAq is producing only LR with only black.
GAr is producing only LR with only black.

For another data point, I got the automated "Prepare for delivery" email Thursday night (8/2), then an email and call from the IDA Friday (8/3) with a scheduled delivery of 8/8. She said I could have got it 8/7, but should probalby wait an extra day to make sure all the paperwork comes through Monday. I saw my VIN was assigned as early as 7/26 with the EncodedVin trick, and my edit button had disappeared a week or two before that, so it was at least a week from when they assigned a VIN to when I heard from anyone.

M3P, Red, black interior, 18", EAP, FSD

This is getting very frustrating. A new color and Canadian deliveries before those of us with an existing color and black seats have heard any update at all? Of course, those in Canada and those who ordered obsidian black are no less deserving and my intent is not to suggest that. My frustration is the lack of any clarity into the process of determine delivery timing. I ordered mid June, others ordered in May and are in the same boat!

Last edited:
Reactions: preilly44
It looks like the 20" wheels plus black interior is actually the configuration that's holding things up. If I had to guess, they have one assembly line with the 20" wheels, and it has (or had) only white seats.
I believe Fred from Electrek’s obsidian Black P3D has 20s. Maybe that’s hope. But he received an email stating production on his car will begin in a week. Many of us have recieved no such thing.

• Love
Reactions: marusan
I believe Fred from Electrek’s obsidian Black P3D has 20s. Maybe that’s hope. But he received an email stating production on his car will begin in a week. Many of us have recieved no such thing.
I think he's getting special media outlet priority...makes no sense for canadians to get their cars before identical US configs with a tax credit on the line...

Reactions: preilly44