Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Redesign? New frunk, headlights and power trunk?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I would be very surprised if a change like chrome delete was introduced before showing it on the website. It is very visible and would not be good to show you ordering a chrome car and then deliver something else. The other things could be snuck in though since they don't deviate from what is advertised during the ordering process.
Good point. They should definitely update the website before rolling out the deliveries of the M3 refresh. I placed my order yesterday and in fact, I was trying to imagine how the chrome delete is going to look like and then I realized that the 19" wheels won't be a good match for it, so my only option was 18" ones.

Ok I am very confused I already ordered yesterday and I want to know If I will receive a refreshed version or not. How do I contact my salesperson because I ordered bymself at home, and will delaying my delivery that is approximated for late November early December allow me to maybe get a refresh? Also let me know if your sales rep tells you that you will receive a new refresh model
No worries. I ordered mine yesterday and before I did that I asked my local rep to send me an email with the confirmation that I will be able to delay the delivery in case the M3 refresh is not in their inventory yet. He confirmed it to me in writing, so it should be okay. My scheduled delivery timeframe is Nov 13 - Dec 11 as of now.

No worries. I ordered mine yesterday and before I did that I asked my local rep to send me an email with the confirmation that I will be able to delay the delivery in case the M3 refresh is not in their inventory yet. He confirmed it to me in writing, so it should be okay. My scheduled delivery timeframe is Nov 13 - Dec 11 as of now.
I have that exact same delivery window, hopefully we start seeing people get these refreshed ones by the start of November.

Today I saw about 5 car haulers on the I5 traveling from Fremont to Los Angeles all hauling model 3 with black trim.
One thing I was surprised to see is that they all had a small black rectangular license plate bracket bolted to the center of the front bumper. This means that if you want to remove it there will be bolt holes in the center of the front bumper.

So far all pictures have been of export RHD cars. Laws in those regions might require front plate brackets. Did you notice if the rear plate bracket was for the shorter wider plates?

Also, as these have all been exports, I don’t think Tesla is producing LHD US cars right now so you may not see a website update with these new options until they are producing US cars later in the quarter.

I would be very surprised if a change like chrome delete was introduced before showing it on the website. It is very visible and would not be good to show you ordering a chrome car and then deliver something else. The other things could be snuck in though since they don't deviate from what is advertised during the ordering process.

I would be increadibly suprised if they updated the site before starting to build it since they haven’t done that previously. I think it is Teslas way of trying to not get loads of ppl wanting to return their cars whenever a update hits.

So far all pictures have been of export RHD cars. Laws in those regions might require front plate brackets. Did you notice if the rear plate bracket was for the shorter wider plates?

Also, as these have all been exports, I don’t think Tesla is producing LHD US cars right now so you may not see a website update with these new options until they are producing US cars later in the quarter.

These were not the wide EU plates. These were the width of the US license plate holes. But they appeared to be too short for the bottom holes. They would only connect to the top 2 license plate holes (or connect to another bigger bracket).

upload_2020-10-11_15-45-53.jpeg

(Picture from Tesla is doing a Model 3 refresh and we've seen it -Electrek : teslamotors)

This is why I wonder if they are front plate brackets For overseas. All the chrome delete pics that show the back seem to have the wide plate brackets. I think most states in the US do not require a front plate so even though CA does, Tesla won’t make all of their cars for the US with front plate brackets.