Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Redo Tint?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The shop offered to redo this job since they weren’t able to get the bubbles out. What do you think? Is it a damage risk to take it off and redo it? It’s the entire rear window in one piece. That’s the only spot with any bubbles. The rest of the car is perfect.

Attachments

• 7F29D011-6CDE-4CA2-8D1B-2A553F41385D.jpeg
    7F29D011-6CDE-4CA2-8D1B-2A553F41385D.jpeg
    168.3 KB · Views: 153
I have the exact same problem and chose a discount over a redo. It looks similar to yours.

Removing the rear tint has risk...tearing the rear defroster lines. I don’t even notice it low unless I’m washing the car and trying to make it perfect.

The shop offered to redo this job since they weren’t able to get the bubbles out. What do you think? Is it a damage risk to take it off and redo it? It’s the entire rear window in one piece. That’s the only spot with any bubbles. The rest of the car is perfect.

Amateurs... if they know how to remove tint (not scraping with knife) properly then redo for sure... but based on the tint job I have my doubts.

It’s a very reputable shop with great reviews. 3rd car they’ve done for me and first one with any blemishes. No hesitation at all from them to offer to redo it saying it wasn’t up to their standards.

Cool that they're offering. How long has it been? Since it's in the rear, you'll never notice it from the inside. If a recent tint job, it may disappear after a week. I say give it a few days. If it's still there and it bothers you, it's up to you. You're probably the only one who will ever know it's there. If the price was decent, or if they're offering a discount, I'd leave it. Chance of effing something up and the time involved in taking it back and getting it redone isn't worth it to me (depending on price paid).

Cool that they're offering. How long has it been? Since it's in the rear, you'll never notice it from the inside. If a recent tint job, it may disappear after a week. I say give it a few days. If it's still there and it bothers you, it's up to you. You're probably the only one who will ever know it's there. If the price was decent, or if they're offering a discount, I'd leave it. Chance of effing something up and the time involved in taking it back and getting it redone isn't worth it to me (depending on price paid).

It’s been about 10 days. I now notice it every time I am at the back of the car since I stare at it so I think I’m going for the redo.