Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Referral Code Mix Up ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello, new here (pulled trigger on new S75D late Dec., with late March eta) and waiting anxiously.

Anyway I used the referral code of Tomas (my brother in law's) for the free supercharging for me, and then he was to get a new black Musk-autographed wall charger.

Or so we thought.

The referral never shows up on the MyTesla acct. for Tomas, and when I inquire with my DA he informs me they applied the code (apparently correctly, as I sent him the actual screenshot from Tomas' MyTesla acct) yet it credited the referral to ANOTHER Tom (spelled THomas) with a totally different last name.

My DA double checked and it seems they applied the correct code. So he then said he has reached out to superior members of "their team" and awaiting any reply.

He seemed unworried, reassuring me that I would indeed be getting my free supercharging, but what about Tomas? He also has a Tesla Model 3 on order and close to delivery as well (already configured in fact) and it is Tomas' first referral, and this is leaving an extremely bad taste in his mouth...

• Informative
Reactions: Tiger
Hello, new here (pulled trigger on new S75D late Dec., with late March eta) and waiting anxiously.

Anyway I used the referral code of Tomas (my brother in law's) for the free supercharging for me, and then he was to get a new black Musk-autographed wall charger.

Or so we thought.

The referral never shows up on the MyTesla acct. for Tomas, and when I inquire with my DA he informs me they applied the code (apparently correctly, as I sent him the actual screenshot from Tomas' MyTesla acct) yet it credited the referral to ANOTHER Tom (spelled THomas) with a totally different last name.

My DA double checked and it seems they applied the correct code. So he then said he has reached out to superior members of "their team" and awaiting any reply.

He seemed unworried, reassuring me that I would indeed be getting my free supercharging, but what about Tomas? He also has a Tesla Model 3 on order and close to delivery as well (already configured in fact) and it is Tomas' first referral, and this is leaving an extremely bad taste in his mouth...
They'll sort it, and if they don't, escalate it.

Thx, do you think the escalation should come from my side, or my relative's? Since I have no direct access to their code, also they will soon have two vehicles from Tesla.

Also come to think of it, I wonder if there is a way for all of us to "verify" whether our credits will actually reach us? Like a test code or something...

My first referral, in 2015, was to a friend. He got $1000 off on his car but there was no award for 1 referral at that time.
My first referral, in 2016, was to myself for my present car. I got $1000 off on my car.
My first referral, in early 2017, had an award of a pass for 4 to a Gigafactory tour or something like that. I never got it and since I am 2000 miles from the Gigafactory it doesn't matter since I would not be able to use it.