Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Referral Credits in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Check your Loot Box.

It seems the referral credit scheme is active for Australia, for Referer, Referee and Additional Self Purchases of vehicles (Loyalty)

1 credit seems to be worth around $0.10 based on items you can redeem in Shop

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230224_232205_Tesla.jpg
    Screenshot_20230224_232205_Tesla.jpg
    205 KB · Views: 260
  • Screenshot_20230224_232225_Tesla.jpg
    Screenshot_20230224_232225_Tesla.jpg
    214.3 KB · Views: 161
  • Screenshot_20230224_232243_Tesla.jpg
    Screenshot_20230224_232243_Tesla.jpg
    210 KB · Views: 162
  • Informative
Reactions: Hairyman and Chuq
And note the stickied thread

To repost my addition:

Be aware of the Forum rules - no spamming your own code/ link.

Compared to the prior program it's a little less generous, but more flexible (you earn points and can trade for supercharging credits or other merch rewards).

Previous (for 3/Y).
Referrer and recipient received 1500km supercharger credit.

Now (for 3/Y)
Referrer gets 2000 points (750km credit and a t-shirt). Receiver gets 1500 points (750km credit)

More generous for S/X, and if you buy another car yourself you can collect both sides of the points.

The code (or link) needs to be followed at time of order, so probably no good for those in the waiting room.

Last edited:
Having never used, been part of, or no how a referral scheme works, or how to use it, I would find some simple instructions for simpletons very helpful. I am curious.

• Helpful
Reactions: Hairyman
I recommend everyone read the Loot Box T & Cs before spamming the rest of the internet with your referrals.
It looks like Tesla has updated the "Don't spam the internet with your referral" part of the terms and conditions.
The intent of this program is to reward loyal Tesla owners for sharing their passion for Tesla products with their friends and family. Referral links should be shared from one person to another, not broadcast en masse on public platforms. To be clear, commercializing, advertising, mass-distributing, selling or paying or offering incentives for use of referral links is not appropriate, and we will not honor referral links associated with behavior that violates these Terms and Conditions

Tesla Australia advised today that credits are only available if you use a referral code when ordering.
Yes, it's in the terms and conditions.
Referrals cannot be applied after an order has been placed.

Albeit that "after an order" clause was also their in the prior program, and SAs did sometimes allow a code to be added after the event.
But I would say YMMV, and much better to use the link in the first place

Tom from "ludicrous feed" has also suggested in the comments of his YT video that the broadcast clause was also there before.

Reactions: vickh