Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Referral Supercharging Credit Disappeared

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered my Model X in May and took delivery in June. I received 5000 free supercharger miles as part of the referral program. My first 3 supercharging stops were free, as expected, then suddenly, my last 3 stops were pay per use and charged to my credit card. My free miles seemed to have disappeared. Has this happened to anyone else?

Greg

I understand this happens in certain States. Where are you located? I believe Virginia or one of the East coast States has a law preventing it.
I’m in Ohio, so the law prevents me, the person with the referral link from getting the miles, but I believe the person getting the car, my wife, is eligible. I suspect they removed them because they knew I the referrer was not eligible, even though my wife is.... the cars are titled under each of our names, but we share the tesla account.

I’m in Ohio, so the law prevents me, the person with the referral link from getting the miles, but I believe the person getting the car, my wife, is eligible. I suspect they removed them because they knew I the referrer was not eligible, even though my wife is.... the cars are titled under each of our names, but we share the tesla account.

I think you just figured it out. If you are entitled to them, I'd reach out to the delivery team and let them know your situation. They should be able to put back the ones you are entitled too.

Update:. They did correct my free supercharging. I haven't tested it but it now shows up under manage on my Tesla account.

@RecklessFury - could you please tell me how they corrected it? Bought an existing MX100D on June 1st, with a June 10 delivery. It's supposed to come with free unlimited supercharging since I'm an existing MS owner.

Low and behold, I am getting charged for supercharging and my manage my Tesla on my account doesn't show it even has free unlimited supercharging like it does on my MS.

My sales advisor is working it for me, but it appears even him is getting the run around internally. It's starting to get really frustrating. Any advice is appreciated!

Last edited:
@RecklessFury - could you please tell me how they corrected it? Bought an existing MX100D on June 1st, with a June 10 delivery. It's supposed to come with free unlimited supercharging since I'm an existing MS owner. Low and behold, I am getting paid for supercharging and my manage my Tesla on my account doesn't show it like it does on my MS. My sales team is working it for me, but it appears even him is getting the run around internally. It's starting to get really frustrating. Any advice is appreciated!

I called my delivery team at my local SC after the rewards team created the case with them. The guy I spoke to on the phone said they don't correct these issues and that he would look into it and "call me back tomorrow". That night, it showed up on my account and he never called the next day. I don't mind the lack of a follow up call given the problem was resolved. I haven't tested it yet but its on my account so I suspect it works.

Reactions: gigawatt1010
Ok, thanks! You got lucky.

It's sad that the loyalty and support we show for Tesla doesn't seem like it's two ways. Especially lately. I know there are a ton of people, including myself, forcing others to understand that Tesla is a growing company, blah, blah, blah - it's just especially frustrating if you're on the short end of the stick.

Reactions: neroden
I sent the folks at the Referral Program a nice note asking for help fixing my issue with missing supercharging. They had to get a Supervisor involved and opened a case. A week or so later I had 3 more months of supercharging.

I'm not sure why missing supercharging is a Referral issue, but they sure stepped up.