Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Referrals for Model 3 in a mess

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Dangerous Fish

Pilots the Millennium Milkfloat
Supporting Member
Jul 21, 2016
UK
Several reservation holders who couldn't apply referral codes when they ordered just received this email:

60107416_10218729360968917_7879423477982167040_n.jpg

this is plain stupid. Their system messed up and now they are not fulfilling the referrals, really amateur!

If you need a template to send to Tesla sales to get the referral code added retrospectively let me know.

Are you going to cancel the order and re-order using a referral link?

I'd be surprised if they fail to honour it when you go to pickup the vehicle. That wld be mental for the equivalent of 100quid!!

Then again....
this is plain stupid. Their system messed up and now they are not fulfilling the referrals, really amateur!

If you need a template to send to Tesla sales to get the referral code added retrospectively let me know.

Reactions: theoceanwaves

No, because the RN number it is linked to was from 31st March 2016!

That good I guess. As long as they let you add it later (even though its only 24 hours)
It's actually really a strict process. Generally if you don't order through the link you have a time frame of 24 hours to get it added by the sales advisor. The fact that they screwed up in the first place they should retroactively add the 5000miles to anyone who ordered on 1st of May anyway

That good I guess. As long as they let you add it later (even though its only 24 hours)
At the moment, they are saying the referral link is the only way to add it and that it was working on May 3rd, which it wasn't (for me).

The ordering process was a muck up anyway as I was logged into my account and placed what I thought was an order using my original RN number but it created a new order and RN number! So I had to cancel that order and place a new one!

I suppose this is my first taste of the legendary Tesla customer service :(

I placed order on the 1st May. Was told there was an issue and if you contact the Tesla delivery team with a referral code they will manually add this to the system. I do also have this in an email as proof, which will make sure my car comes with the 500% supercharge bonus. Hope this helps. Don’t give in guys.

Reactions: theoceanwaves