Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Referrals: Photos to Space

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello,

Has anyone gotten information on how we submit our pictures that will be sent to space?

Back in February 2019, my Tesla app 'loot box" said the photos needed to be uploaded by Feb 28. It did not provide any other information.

I emailed Tesla directly and got (what I assume is) a form letter response. The email confirmed my award was registered and that I should check the website for shipping guidelines. The confirmation was reassuring, but 'shipping' didn't apply to me at all.

I have read here that referral gifts are sent very slowly. I don't mind waiting but don't want to miss the launch. This probably isn't like a missing souvenir jacket where I can just keep calling until they send one. I assume there will only be one launch with our selfies on board.

Hello,

Has anyone gotten information on how we submit our pictures that will be sent to space?

Back in February 2019, my Tesla app 'loot box" said the photos needed to be uploaded by Feb 28. It did not provide any other information.

I emailed Tesla directly and got (what I assume is) a form letter response. The email confirmed my award was registered and that I should check the website for shipping guidelines. The confirmation was reassuring, but 'shipping' didn't apply to me at all.

I have read here that referral gifts are sent very slowly. I don't mind waiting but don't want to miss the launch. This probably isn't like a missing souvenir jacket where I can just keep calling until they send one. I assume there will only be one launch with our selfies on board.
Hello,

I was wondering the same thing. I never got a notice that I could upload a photo. I did get a notice to confirm where I whated the "special hat" shipped.

Since nothing happened in July I sent another note to the referral support email. I got this in reply.

"At this time, the option to upload your preferred photo has not yet been made available. Once Elon makes the final decisions and determines a launch date, you will receive an email with instructions on how to upload your image. We currently do not have an ETA on the hats, we are hoping shipping will began soon. "

• Informative
Reactions: Jedi2155
Since nothing happened in July I sent another note to the referral support email. I got this in reply.

"At this time, the option to upload your preferred photo has not yet been made available. Once Elon makes the final decisions and determines a launch date, you will receive an email with instructions on how to upload your image. We currently do not have an ETA on the hats, we are hoping shipping will began soon. "

I was just writing an email to Tesla support and thought I’d check here before hitting send.

Thanks for getting that update and keeping us informed.

Progress, I just got this email. Nothing yet about how to upload the picture, but they might be shipping the hats.

"
We have great news — your long awaited referral prize is ready to launch. We appreciate your continued patience, support and advocacy while we have sorted out shipping.
To get your prize in-hand as quickly as possible, we need to confirm that the address on your Tesla Account is still current. Please log in and confirm.
We can’t ship to P.O. boxes, sorry."

Sent another email asking about the photo's. Funny I didn't even ask about an exchange of the reward.

Hello Ben,

Thank you for your support of Tesla through our Referral Rewards Program. Looking at your account, I can verify that you are eligible for the "Launch a Photo into Deep Space" reward. At this time, the option to upload your preferred photo has not yet been made available. Once Elon makes the final decisions and determines a launch date, you will receive an email with instructions on how to upload your image. We are not able to exchange the rewards.

Thank you for helping to accelerate the world’s transition to sustainable energy.

I guess this reward is still up in the air... or more literally... NOT up in the air... or space or whatever.

I was really looking forward to this one as being unique, and not something I could do or buy on my own.

Ironically... a Tesla hat for a referral wouldn’t have been a big deal but this... something I will never actually see... meant more.

On that note does Elon get points for dragging us along?
Or, would we prefer if we could upload photos that went no where because we’d have no way of knowing anyway.