Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Referrals total waste of time

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
All,

when I ordered my car via Tusker, I used a buddies referral code. As soon as my car was ordered he could see this in his loot box. I collected my car on the 18th and immediately he saw it was delivered and got his Supercharger miles.

I have nothing in my loot box - no free miles. I even tried a quick supercharge and got billed for it.

What is worse is I gave my own referral code to someone this week who has ordered and my account shows nothing or ordered referrals.

I know i am setup as a second account holder to the leasing company, but my referral should still work for me.

So what is the point of them if you get nothing out of them and of course cant contact anyone in Tesla to get it corrected?

All,

when I ordered my car via Tusker, I used a buddies referral code. As soon as my car was ordered he could see this in his loot box. I collected my car on the 18th and immediately he saw it was delivered and got his Supercharger miles.

I have nothing in my loot box - no free miles. I even tried a quick supercharge and got billed for it.

What is worse is I gave my own referral code to someone this week who has ordered and my account shows nothing or ordered referrals.

I know i am setup as a second account holder to the leasing company, but my referral should still work for me.

So what is the point of them if you get nothing out of them and of course cant contact anyone in Tesla to get it corrected?

I picked my car up on 17th having ordered through a referral link. My 1000 SuC miles only appeared in my Loot Box yesterday. Seems to take a few days for some reason?

All,

Is you car showing in your Tesla account?

think i’m in a similar situation. Car is leased via Arval but no car showing in account meaning no referral miles

All,

Same for me, but that is likely because the account that was used to order the car was LeasePlans, not mine. So I got 1000 miles for my friend, but not for me. Not that fussed, but it's another lease irritation.

I used a friend’s referral code when ordering, and this showed in their account (they have an MS so get free Super Charging anyway). When I collected my M3 the 1000 miles weren’t in my Lootbox. The sales rep said it might take a few hours. I used a Super Charger on the way home on collection day. This showed a charge on the screen but my credit card wasn’t charged, supporting the idea that collection day use is free. I then used a Super Charger again a few days later and my card was charged this time. I emailed my collection centre and they confirmed that the 1000 miles should have appeared when I collected the car but they have corrected this and they should appear in a few days - they appeared later that day. I haven’t had chance to test them yet, but the miles do now show.

When I spoke with Tesla and my leasing company regarding this, they said it can often take more than a few days...sometimes several weeks. In the current climate of reduced hours and lay offs i would hazard a guess even longer. I only collected my car on Friday, but I am still holding out hope they'll come my way at some point in the near future...

I actually missed the boat and didn't add a referral code when i purchased the inventory model...just got too giddy after the spec. i was hoping for turned up in stock. However, because the leasing company technically buy the car again the agent added a referral at this stage. For anyone that finds themselves in a similar situation its a worth option to explore.