Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refferall Program

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I got 5000 free miles but I've heard that due to an IT glitch, Tesla haven't been able to upload them. So 2 questions :)

1) Anyone else have this issue?
2) When they do upload the miles, does anyone know how they calculate it!!? Surprised they didnt do free kWh!!

Sorry not sure, but could i add a question to this please:

3) When does the Referral (6 months usage limit) Supercharger miles start? At Pickup OR When you first plug in? Reason is i might not plug in to a SuperCharger for a few weeks.

5000 free miles appeared in the loot box as soon as I check-in at the Tesla reception to pick up my car. So I assume six months started counting from that point. And it works without any issue at the super charger, so no issue regarding free supercharging miles.

Reactions: Roy W. and davidmc
To add to this...Apparently under 'Manage' on the desktop account there is a heading called Supercharger miles (or something like that) and it shows the miles you have. I dont have that - just the miles under the loot box on the app which shows 10,000 remaining. No mention of time limit. So no idea whether if I charge I will be charged or it gets deducted and if the time limit (if indeed I have one) has started or not :)

Yes, I have this issue (see separate thread). 5000 milea has been in my loot box since I collected car, but was not used when I used a supercharger- I was charged £14.88.
After 5 separate contacts with Tesla it has still not been resolved, but they have assured me all charges (now & future) will be removed (eventually). Worrying that this was not all automatic though...

I’ve supercharged, still no free miles! Just a bill for nearly £15
Dave, out of interest did you use Grange Park supercharger (near Northampton)?
Tesla are telling me they can't see charge on their system - despite it saying £14.88 on the car screen. That would explain not taking free miles - and charge hasn't appeared on my card (although may charge monthly).
Maybe it's a connectivity problem with supercharger?

Not good, Luckily its not Diesel. Hope they sort it out soon.

Also when they do start, make sure they start the same day they start and not the day you picked up

Lucky I don't need to use Superchargers often at the moment, still not heard anything back. They are supposedly looking at it though :/

Dave, out of interest did you use Grange Park supercharger (near Northampton)?
Tesla are telling me they can't see charge on their system - despite it saying £14.88 on the car screen. That would explain not taking free miles - and charge hasn't appeared on my card (although may charge monthly).
Maybe it's a connectivity problem with supercharger?

Newport Pagnell (southbound) - so not far off and I had to do a loop round Northampton services to get there :) - Mine shows in my Tesla account under 'History'

Newport Pagnell (southbound) - so not far off and I had to do a loop round Northampton services to get there :) - Mine shows in my Tesla account under 'History'
Hmm - sounds like it could be related. Where can you see 'History'? Is that on the App, the Webpage, or on the car screen? The only place I can see the charge is on the car screen - which would concur with Tesla saying its not come through to them to activate the free miles..