Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refresh 6 seater middle row creaking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Had a refreshed six seat MX for about a month now, and I usually have two car seats in the middle row. Lately I have been driving without the car seats, and I notice when driving there is a creaking/clicking sound coming from what I think is the middle row. The sound goes away when there are car seats attached, or if someone is sitting in the middle row. Anyone know what the noise can be? I was thinking about taking it to a SC, but I know if I can't pin point the source of the noise they won't do anything.

Had a refreshed six seat MX for about a month now, and I usually have two car seats in the middle row. Lately I have been driving without the car seats, and I notice when driving there is a creaking/clicking sound coming from what I think is the middle row. The sound goes away when there are car seats attached, or if someone is sitting in the middle row. Anyone know what the noise can be? I was thinking about taking it to a SC, but I know if I can't pin point the source of the noise they won't do anything.
Usually Tech has a pretty good idea of where the noise can be coming from. I would make an Appoint with the SC and let em figure it out in a test drive. Also sounds like at-least you know which seat it is.. Since you said it goes away once you do put a car seat.

I actually made an appointment to get this addressed, and went on a road test with a tech, and was able to reproduce the noise, and the tech even acknowledged the noise. He was trying to play it off as since the seats are able to move forward/back/tilt some noise will be expected. When I picked up my car, the SA told me that the noise was marked as not repeatable, this was after having my car for three days. I was pretty unhappy with the service experience so I ended up just taking my car back.