Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refresh Model X Window Calibration

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone know the window calibration steps for the refresh model X? Had my front windows tinted today and now the drivers window is auto reversing on close and in out of calibration. Local service center took a quick look and told me to make an appointment. The best instruction on here seem to date back a ways and I am not sure if they will work on the refresh. The owners manual has no mention of window calibration that I can find. Thanks in advance.

It should be the same as the Model Y: Model Y Owner's Manual | Tesla

Calibrating Windows
In the unlikely event that a window behaves unexpectedly (touches the bright molding, fails to open or close properly, goes down more than normal when the door opens, etc.), you can calibrate it to potentially fix the issue.
To calibrate a window:
  1. Close the door with the affected window.
  2. Sit in the driver's seat and close the driver door.
  3. Using the window's switch on the driver's door, raise the affected window until it stalls.
  4. Using the window's switch on the driver's door, lower the affected window until it stalls.
  5. Repeat step 3 and raise the affected window until it stalls.
The window should now be calibrated. If the issue continues after attempting the calibration procedure a couple times, contact Tesla.

So I will put this here in case it helps anyone. It was definitely a window calibration issue, which on the refresh apparently needs a service visit to reset. I swung by the local service center and that's what they told me. So I happened to have an appointment for a paint issue Thursday, so I just parked it and figured I would deal with it then. This morning, after sleeping all night, the window had magically fixed itself. Working completely normally now. Not the first issue a few hours of "sleep" has fixed on my Teslas.