Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed “2021” Model S waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I talked about this hunch once before. I have to imagine that the estimated delivery dates are posted based on a computer algorithm. The input would be production, orders, maybe parts on hand and who knows whatever else.
Most of the data would be used for reordering, estimating production time production costs, available transport resources, . . .
If true the issue would be there is no new data for the refreshed models. Last hunch is that occasionally a run is made, that’s combined with old data and out comes garbage estimates.
Again, this is a hunch.

I talked about this hunch once before. I have to imagine that the estimated delivery dates are posted based on a computer algorithm. The input would be production, orders, maybe parts on hand and who knows whatever else.
Most of the data would be used for reordering, estimating production time production costs, available transport resources, . . .
If true the issue would be there is no new data for the refreshed models. Last hunch is that occasionally a run is made, that’s combined with old data and out comes garbage estimates.
Again, this is a hunch.
I think you’re giving Tesla way too much credit for how much “thought” goes into the estimates, but we will never know.

Reactions: Tigers
I am about to place an order for an S LR and join the waiting game with you all. Before I place my order, I just want to confirm there is no Yoke option that I have to select on the website to choose that option for my build sheet. I have seen the Yoke listed on some order forms on this site, but see no where to select it on their website. I presume its the default option but figured I would ask to be safe and not sorry.

Appreciate the feedback.

Again, this is a hunch.

All this is part of their FSO (Full Self Ordering) software package.

Reactions: dlfjed and Tigers
This is my first foray into the Tesla world, and the refresh is what made me pull the trigger on it vs. buying a used Performance Model. My order says Yoke, so you bet your battery loving butts I expect a yoke when it finally shows up....which hopefully occurs before the Zombie Apocalypse of 2025.
TORDER.jpg

Waiting Room Journal
9/23/20 set up Tesla app. 1 email saying this is where you will receive important updates.
mid October place order for March delivery.
mid January Tesla: we need more money
Late January delivery due 2/15 to 3/15.
Early February delivery dates vanish
Over 60 days no word
Today still just as excited as 9/23/20

Reactions: foos and sam3194