Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Let's be honest with ourselves here. Anyone that can afford a Tesla Model X shouldn't have issues with credit scores. Yes, it's a *@#$! annoyance that the X is delayed, but realistically, as others have pointed out, anyone ordering an X can afford to order a Rivian or a Benz. We are just patiently waiting for our X because we want it, and we think it is better than the alternatives.

I know I'll probably get downvotes for this, but anyone who can afford a Plaid should probably not be financing it unless it's for a business and you're taking the 25% instant depreciation credit.

IANAL (I am not a lawyer), but I think that Tesla is not legally obligated to provide you with a car - at worst they are only obligated to refund your order fee. The order agreement I signed says: "Your sole and exclusive remedy under this Agreement will be limited to reimbursement of your Order Fee, Order Deposit and Transportation Fee."
You’re anal?

At this point I am frustrated that my 7 seater is pushed to July ordered on 02/01/2021. My wife is completely pissed that I promised a new car last year and it is this delayed
I have few questions
1. Can I go to show room and ask to switch to 6 seater
2. If I switch will I get the car in next 1 or 2 months
3. What are the disadvantages of having 6 seater over 7 seater.

3. Less cargo space and middle row won't fold flat. You don't get the center arm rest on the middle row outside seats with the cupholders.

In many locations, if you trade one vehicle towards another, you only pay the sales tax on the price difference. The catch is that you have to be satisfied with the trade-in value from Tesla - does not apply if you sell to anyone else.
Speaking of this, I just got my trade-in from Tesla. Carvana had the highest offer at 35k and Tesla just offered 44k. Their previous offer to me in February 2021 was 34k when I had 10k less miles.

You’d be silly not to finance with rates so low. You can make a lot more in the market with that money.
If I had a nickel for every time I've heard that. Using the same logic, you'd advise me to take equity of my house that I paid off years and put that in the market as well. I already have enough of my networth in the market. I don't need to put 100% into that risk level.

• Disagree
Reactions: SummitX
So after yet another July update I have finally decided my order my backup car, the Lucid Grand Touring. Only downside- it's not an SUV. But I can no longer ignore the 516 mile range that car offers while also being very luxurious. They offer free Electrify America charging for 3 years (granted it's not like early Tesla folks with unlimited supercharging). Dream Drive Pro (their version of FSD) for free. A fully refundable deposit of $1k (unlike Tesla), if needed. Their exterior & interior color options are not an any extra cost. Oh I have a dedicated agent whose already spoken to me at length and we've had 4 emails exchanged back and forth within a matter of literally minutes of me reaching out. Delivery guaranteed within Q2 2022. Not really Tesla's fault here, but we get the $7,500 federal tax credit (assuming Biden's 'Build Back Better' goes nowhere). Cost $139k vs Plaid $130k. Way more bang for your buck!
So when will you get your Grand touring?

• Funny
Reactions: KidsEyeDr
Mine just got pushed from 2/17-3/10 back to October but a few days before that it was October.
@ShadX this is what I meant earlier lol. They not gonna push our dates back until we enter the window. What a coincidence that he was a day from entering his window and they pushed it back lol........ That seems like the same version as when it hits the middle of the month and you have no vin they push your date. If you hit your window with no vin they push you lol. Idk just my thoughts

Reactions: wongbow90
If I had a nickel for every time I've heard that. Using the same logic, you'd advise me to take equity of my house that I paid off years and put that in the market as well. I already have enough of my networth in the market. I don't need to put 100% into that risk level.
My rental properties cover Tesla model X payment and still have cash flow for a few more monthly nugs

Reactions: KidsEyeDr and sorka