Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah, I've had 7 BMWs and only 1 problem ever...and that was just the leather on the underside of the driver's seat not staying connected. Certainly isn't as cool though...
Conversely, I've had a couple and both were terrible for quality, durability and fit and finish. Very nice interior, but some equally iffy issues with engineering (N54 engine for one). There's a reason why so many people only own BMWs for the duration of the warranty. As for the service, yes, I'll agree with that, although my experience with Tesla has been good - including the mobile service. The worst part of Tesla is their delivery services - they can't seem to inspect and fix things sufficiently prior to delivery. That, to me, feeds back to QA at the factory that should be sorting out the issues before shipping, leaving only minor issues to deal with at the Service Centers. This whole thread reflects that too.

So.... What do you consider this refresh? It's essentially a first model year under the covers for all purposes.
At least major tech (e.g., AP3, 18650 battery system, fw, etc.) used in X has been proven “okay”.

And even with that, I didn’t order immediately when the Refresh was announced and purposely ordered later to avoid cars from ramp up period. Very likely it would be third model year (2023) when it arrives for most people here.

Anyway it’s your choice to choose Rivian. I just have no confidence in it, as it’s the first model from a startup that has produced only a few hundred vehicle so far. It’s not personal to Rivian, early Tesla cars (2010s) also had tons of issues.

Last edited:
My MX Plaid comes in tomorrow in BK, NY (Van Brunt Location). Anybody still interested?

What's your configuration again?

Also would need to figure out if I avoid paying taxes... I am a NJ resident and would be registering in NJ... Would I have to pay NY anything since the delivery is there? Or is it just where you register regardless.

Also would need to figure out if I avoid paying taxes... I am a NJ resident and would be registering in NJ... Would I have to pay NY anything since the delivery is there? Or is it just where you register regardless.
I think it's just where you register... I used to live in Philly and bought a car in NJ but only had to PA taxes. Guess it still may vary between states.

Reactions: JER85

1644593445528.png
1644593483139.png

What baffles me about the delay in the 5- and 7-seat configurations is that this is not a new product: Tesla manufactured these configurations before. This isn't rocket science.
If their pipeline is full, the way to keep it moving fastest is if the configs are as close as possible. Is it fair? No. But they appear to be maximizing throughput for the moment, and I'm not sure that's the worst idea... quality issues aside.

I’m about to be really happy and get headaches at same time tomorrow. 🤦‍♂️

Taillight has a little crack.
Roof trim need to be replaced.
Missing paint at the front bumper edge.
Front hood need to be realigned.
FWD trim need to be reinstall or replace.
And many more…. 😢😩

Good luck everyone.
I'd take one look at this and walk away. 100% reject this. Please. This is nonsense.

Reactions: Donjo