Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
With my sister and plan to take some pictures of them together. But mine is missing the covers on wheel and hers isn’t. Here is the picture of them up close. Undecided on which I like more. Thoughts?
View attachment 775282View attachment 775283
looks like you have LR 22s came with all seasons...wish my Plaid will come with all seasons..i think it comes with summer performance

Reactions: flippingrich
One of my favorite parts of the car are the self presenting doors. Rarely do they open when I don't need them to. When I get rentals or loaners people down the street can hear me audibly groan and swear.
So true. I feature I would have never thought of. Sometimes I get in my other car and push the brake and then wonder why the door doesn't close. lol. Being able to control all your doors from your key fob or the front screen has been very useful. A true luxury item.

I'm planning tint on mine as well. The local tint shop (very reputable) refuses to tint the front windshield on the MX because of liability issues with the windshield cracking due to heat build up being unable to escape. I was super annoyed to hear this because of so many posts saying that they've had their front windshield tinting on the MX. They say the tint keeps the heat from escaping the large piece of glass. They do all other windshields other that the MX. They also do powder coating, ceramic coating, etc. Has anyone else heard this?? I wanted to do 50% on the front windshield.
I find it hard to believe. Your car has an "overheat" protection wherein it will start cooling if it gets above @105 degrees. However, I would never go with 50% on the windshield. I have 80% and it is perfect.

7134C9A1-59CB-4341-9745-6E038AF100EE.jpeg
9D8BF7D6-7D7F-4CBA-B165-8BBB1A48BF17.jpeg

Have to go back to work so didn’t get many pictures

Will find some time to get better pics of the inside and doors up etc at a later date

Thats awesome you got a VIN. I ordered the MXP on 1/14/22 so maybe I can get a VIN soon too haha. Also will be taking delivery in the OC. What's your build? 22"? I know there is not rhyme or reason to Tesla giving out VINS, it doesn't look like yours is a reject, miles are pretty consistent with a new delivery. Maybe just luck of the draw.
Yeah, with the 22's. I got a text to schedule for pick up in Irvine but not sure if i will do it as I am not ready and was anticapating a summer delivery.

Just texted my buddy about this.. he is down in Florida and has a LR with 22" wheels... He has charged it up to 100% twice and has seen 330 miles both times... In the app and in the car.
Actually on your app under service describe what's going on and while plug in at night tesla will run a test to determine if you have a defective cell. Tesla OTA technology is next to nine.
I switched my tires via service button in car from 22" to 20". My max miles jumped to 348. When I switched it back to 22", it went back to 316. Intriguing yet unsatisfying.

On the way back from dropping off the kids this morning, I noticed what looked like a snake bite on my windshield. I got out of the car to inspect it and they were tiny little chips next to each other. I immediately took my car to Safelite (windshield glass fixing place) and asked for them to fix it. They took a look and said it was too small and to shallow to be fixed. I only see it when the sun hits them right. But still... now I'm worried that they'll spread and I'll have to fork over 2400 bucks to fix it.

While I'm happy that so many of your got your new car, I just wanted to point out that this is a waiting room thread. For those of you that already got your car, there is another thread for "issues." While I appreciate people sharing things to look out for when they pick up their cars, I find all the conversation about "my windshield got a chip" or "my car was dirty" a bit disheartening. Today marks 1 year for me since order and I'd glad take my car to be washed if I could just get the dang thing.

On the way back from dropping off the kids this morning, I noticed what looked like a snake bite on my windshield. I got out of the car to inspect it and they were tiny little chips next to each other. I immediately took my car to Safelite (windshield glass fixing place) and asked for them to fix it. They took a look and said it was too small and to shallow to be fixed. I only see it when the sun hits them right. But still... now I'm worried that they'll spread and I'll have to fork over 2400 bucks to fix it.
We had something very similar for our 2014 Model S. It was only visible in direct sunlight (which is uncommon in Seattle 😆). Never grew, and barely noticeable. So I would monitor it, but I wouldn't worry about it, either.

• Informative
Reactions: Stro
I'm planning tint on mine as well. The local tint shop (very reputable) refuses to tint the front windshield on the MX because of liability issues with the windshield cracking due to heat build up being unable to escape. I was super annoyed to hear this because of so many posts saying that they've had their front windshield tinting on the MX. They say the tint keeps the heat from escaping the large piece of glass. They do all other windshields other that the MX. They also do powder coating, ceramic coating, etc. Has anyone else heard this?? I wanted to do 50% on the front windshield.
That’s gotta be total BS
OK what temp did it reach inside the car? lol
Besides Teslas have active overheat protection (you can turn it in or off)
I think Occam’s razor: Tesla has made some defective windshields.

Reactions: DelPhonic1
While I'm happy that so many of your got your new car, I just wanted to point out that this is a waiting room thread. For those of you that already got your car, there is another thread for "issues." While I appreciate people sharing things to look out for when they pick up their cars, I find all the conversation about "my windshield got a chip" or "my car was dirty" a bit disheartening. Today marks 1 year for me since order and I'd glad take my car to be washed if I could just get the dang thing.
I appreciate all of the comments and hope people continue to share. It’s been helpful to know what to look out for upon pickup. This is a $100k+ vehicle and it SHOULD be detailed upon pickup. This thread has served as reference for popular bloggers and websites to report on Tesla’s delivery process and it’s important they be called out and held to the standards expected from a 6 figure vehicle. I’m heading towards 14 months of waiting.

For those of you that have traded in your vehicle when purchasing a new Tesla, how long does it take for Tesla to pay off your vehicle? This is my first time doing this with Tesla. In the past, I just used Carmax. But Tesla's offer was too good. Last time I spoke to a rep from Tesla, they said it could take up to 8 weeks which seems insane.

I feel the opposite... I only come on this forum for this thread so I appreciate those who stick around and keep us posted on what's going on with their car and what they are discovering or encountering as they go. Not only is it really helpful for me to keep in mind for when I get mine... It's also a welcome distraction to the torture of waiting. So for those of you who have stuck with us poor saps here despite having your cars, a hearty Thank you!

P.S. if it wasn't for those posts you would just have a bunch of posts about dates getting moved and pushed, with a few deliveries sprinkled in but few and far between.

I want the headlights too. But isn’t this pretty strong evidence it is happening as we speak? where did you see the taillight info?
someone on facebook Model X owners group posted a picture with an X in transport with the new talilights, new charger port door, and new (old) Plaid badge. No confirmation of headlights.

I don't think the model X in taiwan had matrix headlights but the S did. So perhaps matrix might just be on S? The matrix looks like projector vs old lights

Not sure if anyone has posted these yet but I just ordered these all weather mats from Tesmanian. Best looking/best covering ones I've seen online for the refresh. Only negative is it doesn't look like they will be in until May

Tesla Model X AccessoriesView attachment 775322
I was thinking of ordering these myself but they look gray instead of black … not sure how I feel about that…

Reactions: NashvilleX