Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah I saw that later in the thread. Not sure what other LR MX owners see but that doesn’t sound right. Maybe you got a plaid ;)

See if you can change the wheel size in the Service Tab to 20” and then back to 22”.

If other LR owners see the same you are probably fine and it’s a software glitch. If not, you may have a problem. Might not be serious but you could have a bad cell or something. They are usually dead on when brand new.

It’s much easier to deal with this NOW than 6 months. Because Tesla will throw the “that’s normal” card at you in a few months. Right now that’s NOT NORMAL.
Great point. I’ll call today.

Actually on your app under service describe what's going on and while plug in at night tesla will run a test to determine if you have a defective cell. Tesla OTA technology is next to nine.
Yea. I have an appointment that was moved from yesterday to the 14th for all of the issues I found at delivery. I’ve added this to that list. We shall see what they say.

Anyone with a refresh get tint yet? I want to get xpel xr plus but don't know which percentage, 15 or 20 for the front windows. Is rear window tint necessary since its already factory dyed? I will be getting 55% windshield as well.
I'm planning tint on mine as well. The local tint shop (very reputable) refuses to tint the front windshield on the MX because of liability issues with the windshield cracking due to heat build up being unable to escape. I was super annoyed to hear this because of so many posts saying that they've had their front windshield tinting on the MX. They say the tint keeps the heat from escaping the large piece of glass. They do all other windshields other that the MX. They also do powder coating, ceramic coating, etc. Has anyone else heard this?? I wanted to do 50% on the front windshield.

Yeah, i was SUPER surprise! I wasnt looking to pick it up until summer since i needed to sell my M3P first. Just got a text to schedule the pick up but not sure if i will do that yet...decisions, decisions! I kinda want the new headlights that are X are rumored to have. Have you picked up yours yet? If so, I would love to check it out if you have some spare time.
Thats awesome you got a VIN. I ordered the MXP on 1/14/22 so maybe I can get a VIN soon too haha. Also will be taking delivery in the OC. What's your build? 22"? I know there is not rhyme or reason to Tesla giving out VINS, it doesn't look like yours is a reject, miles are pretty consistent with a new delivery. Maybe just luck of the draw.

Sure. Just send over the payment including shipping costs via PayPal. I'll send it out...I promise..lol.

Jokes aside. I just switched my reservation to LR with the same config (Blue, 6 seat). They gave me an estimated time of Jan. 23'.

Also, does anybody else have any experience with the GT4 (P-Car). Looking into getting a weekend car.

I think they might have given your Plaid to this guy:

I'm planning tint on mine as well. The local tint shop (very reputable) refuses to tint the front windshield on the MX because of liability issues with the windshield cracking due to heat build up being unable to escape. I was super annoyed to hear this because of so many posts saying that they've had their front windshield tinting on the MX. They say the tint keeps the heat from escaping the large piece of glass. They do all other windshields other that the MX. They also do powder coating, ceramic coating, etc. Has anyone else heard this?? I wanted to do 50% on the front windshield.
Crap. I had it on my 2018 , no issue, what heat built up, the AC will be there, however, i heard some store won’t do it because it is hard to do it one piece.

With my sister and plan to take some pictures of them together. But mine is missing the covers on wheel and hers isn’t. Here is the picture of them up close. Undecided on which I like more. Thoughts?
7F4AC634-B1B7-48B6-A97B-2BB89BB33A31.jpeg
DCA380F4-94D0-4DEC-8595-EEA52718683F.jpeg

With my sister and plan to take some pictures of them together. But mine is missing the covers on wheel and hers isn’t. Here is the picture of them up close. Undecided on which I like more. Thoughts?
View attachment 775282View attachment 775283
Some folks have said they will leave them off for normal city driving and then put them on for road trips (to increase efficiency/range).

Crap. I had it on my 2018 , no issue, what heat built up, the AC will be there, however, i heard some store won’t do it because it is hard to do it one piece.
They definitely have the skill to do a one piece tint on the front windshield. It's odd that they've said this about the MX though. I'm going to get some other opinions. In the state of KY if a windshield cracks, you get if fixed with no deductible. It doesn't cost a penny to get a new one. My thinking is that if something happened, it would be insanely inconvenient to get it repaired. Wait time for parts and time without your car and such. I'll post what some others detail and tint shops are saying.

Some folks have said they will leave them off for normal city driving and then put them on for road trips (to increase efficiency/range).

Seriously, I don't think you'll notice any difference. I went from Aero's with covers to 19" OEM on model 3 with mudflats did 60 mile test loops before and after both changes doing 65mph and no change.

That change is tiny in comparison. Many reports of negligible effects from mudflats etc.

Just go with what you like. Nobody is gonna take them off and on for road trips. Nobody when they realize how silly it is.

Kids packed in cars, cup holders full, car charged, route planned.... Wait !! Honey, I have to go put the hub caps on, yeah right.
*sugar* where did I put those things.