Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So how do you get into the production system? Just wait and pray?
Basically yes. For my other Tesla's they all got the first update within a week or so, but I got a 2022 S the first week of February (to keep until my X comes given the X delays) and I am stuck on this version. I reached out to Tesla support and they "reset" the hardware (aka a reboot to appease me) but ultimately if you look at TeslaFi there is a whole series of S/X that are on this version and have not been upgraded so they're holding back for some reason.

Basically yes. For my other Tesla's they all got the first update within a week or so, but I got a 2022 S the first week of February (to keep until my X comes given the X delays) and I am stuck on this version. I reached out to Tesla support and they "reset" the hardware (aka a reboot to appease me) but ultimately if you look at TeslaFi there is a whole series of S/X that are on this version and have not been upgraded so they're holding back for some reason.
Makes me wonder if I should wait on delivery and continue driving my temporary 2018 X, except … … …

Will Tesla ever acknowledge the fact that they guaranteed delivery before end of year? I switched to the 6 because I needed a car. I really wanted the 7 and now stuck with a July edd for a 6. Meanwhile, I see March ‘21 orders getting vins before my Feb ‘21 order.

Also, I removed FSD and my description reflects it properly but when I look at completed tasks it says the total cost of the vehicle is $117,172.73. Will that be changed only after I receive a vin?

Reactions: 1pinhigh
April 2021 order
LR Black with White Int, 22” wheels
EDD shows March 2nd -23rd

Got a call from Tesla yesterday saying I should receive a vin soon and to expect delivery in 3 weeks. Said they are in full production (whatever that means) and lots are moving out of the factory now.
Wanted to confirm payment form, trade in, etc.

Hope it is true and it doesn’t go back to July!
Full production huh? Oh I hope this is true! I’m convinced my wife thinks I’m making up these delivery delays!

Me: See now they’re adding new headlights.
Me: Oh now you’re getting new software.
Me: Elon just said he messed up.
Her: -Eye roll-

I just cancelled my order for the model X and bought a Mercedes EQS450. Do yourselves a favor and take a look. It's a great looking and performing car.
Looks are subjective...it looks like crap to me.

I just did a mammoth mountain run...there are no chargers in mammoth for non teslas. i saw a EQS 450 hyper mileing it on the way back to LA

my backup cars are Rivian R1S, Lucid Air, BMW iX. Wouldn't consider the EQS

I just did a mammoth mountain run...there are no chargers in mammoth for non teslas. i saw a EQS 450 hyper mileing it on the way back to LA
I agree, EQS I'm sure rides like butter and lux as heck and for the price we're spending on the X, reasonable to take a look. But I really dont like the odd looks either. Combining that w/ the lack of a non-tesla charging network as you stated and the lack of software updates/keeping the car current would really bother me and makes it a no-go. These electric vehicles coming from ICE manufacturers will have their software/interface stale and outdated in months just like we have seen with ICE cars up to now. Apparently I've always wanted an iPad on wheels. 🙄

Last edited:
Will Tesla ever acknowledge the fact that they guaranteed delivery before end of year? I switched to the 6 because I needed a car. I really wanted the 7 and now stuck with a July edd for a 6. Meanwhile, I see March ‘21 orders getting vins before my Feb ‘21 order.

Also, I removed FSD and my description reflects it properly but when I look at completed tasks it says the total cost of the vehicle is $117,172.73. Will that be changed only after I receive a vin?
I have a 7 on order as well, and a presumptuous Tesla employee changed me to a 6 and added 17k to my price without authorization. After "nicely" explaining the situation to another Tesla rep, they reached out to the regional managers and let me know they approved going back to the 7 for my "grandfathered" pre 17k hike price as it was not my fault for the initial change. They also said the approval is noted all in the notes when I spoke to multiple Tesla reps, but that the price would change/reflect once a VIN is assigned since currently its back to a 7 but with 17k added on still. Sounds maybe similar to this, so I have my fingers crossed that this is true

• Informative
Reactions: studioloft

my backup cars are Rivian R1S, Lucid Air, BMW iX. Wouldn't consider the EQS
Agree, I don’t like it either.
8B3B17F2-81F7-4AE7-AF41-A00A05560F85.jpeg

I have a 7 on order as well, and a presumptuous Tesla employee changed me to a 6 and added 17k to my price without authorization. After "nicely" explaining the situation to another Tesla rep, they reached out to the regional managers and let me know they approved going back to the 7 for my "grandfathered" pre 17k hike price as it was not my fault for the initial change. They also said the approval is noted all in the notes when I spoke to multiple Tesla reps, but that the price would change/reflect once a VIN is assigned since currently its back to a 7 but with 17k added on still. Sounds maybe similar to this, so I have my fingers crossed that this is true
My situation is different because I still have the 6 seats. The math is just wrong on the site.

Model X
$69,990.00
Model X Long Range
$20,000.00
Six Seats
$6,500.00
Destination Fee
$1,125.00
Documentation Fee
$75.00
Order Fee
$100.00
Car Price
$107,790.00

Additional Charges​

Registration Amount
$292.00
Tire Fee
$7.00
License Fee
$700.00
Electronic Filing Fee
$30.00
Sales Tax
$8,353.73

Total Cost of Vehicle​

$117,172.73​

I just cancelled my order for the model X and bought a Mercedes EQS450. Do yourselves a favor and take a look. It's a great looking and performing car.

I'll pass... It's either Tesla or back to an ICE car for me..... This past summer I went on a road trip with my cousin in a non-tesla EV and while the car itself was fine, the charging network is an absolute crapshoot. That might not make a difference for folks who are just using it to drive around town or to work.... But if you take frequent and long road trips, I would seriously think twice....... It was a harrowing ordeal... arriving at chargers that weren't working, would not connect, had extremely slow speeds...... Our trip time almost doubled and there were several occasions where I was sure we were going to be stranded in the middle of nowhere late at night.