Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I keep getting told by SAs (two in Oregon, another in AZ) that they’re going to be cancelling the 7 seat interior and going fully to 6 seat. So bizarre. I don’t care what they give me at this point, I just want my car.
That's certainly surprising given that it seems like the existing rear seat (from the 6) and the middle seat (from the 5) would simply be combined to make a 7. But there's likely something I'm missing (probably related to volume chassis produced that have the necessary of hardpoint attachments below).

Reactions: Kitt9000 and kp2021
I keep getting told by SAs (two in Oregon, another in AZ) that they’re going to be cancelling the 7 seat interior and going fully to 6 seat. So bizarre. I don’t care what they give me at this point, I just want my car.

Attachments

• 1647020859659.gif
    1647020859659.gif
    1.2 MB · Views: 91
  • Funny
Reactions: Dionysius
When I took delivery, Tesla said they'd cut me a check for the 24K overpayment due to them processing my trade-in AFTER I had paid the car in full. I called the day I picked up the car to verify that it was being processed. They said, "of course. Expect it in 2-6 weeks." I laughed and said ok. I just called again today to check on it as it's almost been three weeks and they just said, "oh. We show it here and it's not processed. you should have called earlier." So they are now putting it in for processing and warned me it could take up to 45 days to receive it.

Moral of the story: Don't give them ANY extra money or EARLY money as you won't get it back in a timely manner.
Misery loves company: I had the same experience with selling my 2014 Model S in December to local luxury car dealer that will remain nameless. Same story, different business.

Last edited:
Reactions: Elixir
After Tracking my 2021 field model X all night on the train through the snow storm in New Mexico …

Finally, after waiting since ordering Feb 9 2021 I got the text this morning to schedule delivery March 23! Now just have to see if the double bass fits in the six seater!

Got quotes for my Red 2018 5 seater with FSD so far from Tesla, Carmax, and Current. Awaiting Carvana’s.

Listed it on CarGuru. 20 inquiries in first morning. This should be interesting with current gas prices and production delays.

Attachments

• 2D74B425-3628-4AB9-804E-FE66E3060120.png
    2D74B425-3628-4AB9-804E-FE66E3060120.png
    551.5 KB · Views: 84
You ordered in August 2021 and got a call to change to a 6 seater?
Yes, I got the call after calling Tesla, and my SA statingI had a 7 seater on order, and you need to change the order. They said OK, someone w get back to me. 3 days later I got the call, giving me two options. 6 seat MXP or MXLR 7 seater. I recommend anyone with a 7 or 5 seater MXP to call them, dont wait for them. After the change, my order was changed, and my EDD stayed “April “ untill last month when it turned to July. Yesterday it chane to March 19th-31st. No Vin yet.
cheers,

Misery loves company: I the same experience with selling my 2014 Model S in December to local luxury car dealer that will remain nameless. Same story, different business.
As if we need more evidence the franchised dealership model is terrible in nearly every way (with some exceptions - there are some unicorn dealerships out there, I'm told)

After Tracking my 2021 field model X all night on the train through the snow storm in New Mexico …

Finally, after waiting since ordering Feb 9 2021 I got the text this morning to schedule delivery March 23! Now just have to see if the double bass fits in the six seater!

Got quotes for my Red 2018 5 seater with FSD so far from Tesla, Carmax, and Current. Awaiting Carvana’s.

Listed it on CarGuru. 20 inquiries in first morning. This should be interesting with current gas prices and production delays.
i got my VIN too! taking delivery next Wednesday. kind of bummed it's a 2021 VIN and not a 2022 VIN.. but at this point i'm not sure i should delay it

Sad to say I am back joining the waiting room. Recap ordered 02/22/21 MX Plaid 6 seats with FSD. Took delivery 03/01/22. Had the car ceramic coated, PPF and tinted. On 03/09/22 went to get in car and it was dead, doors wouldn't open etc. and charger was stuck. Had to call Tesla roadside and they towed the car to the service center. As of today they are still diagnosing the issue and we're in a S rental.

Can only hope they get whatever the issue is resolved soon and I didn't get a lemon.

View attachment 779479

Rookie mistake to PPF too early...

But don't fret, I did the same thing and my car died at 80 miles due to failed main battery (not 12v). I got it back after ~3 weeks. Its a bigger issue if didn't get the car back as PPF was done. So note to others..maybe hold off on PPF until you know it is good to go

Rookie mistake to PPF too early...

But don't fret, I did the same thing and my car died at 80 miles due to failed main battery (not 12v). I got it back after ~3 weeks. Its a bigger issue if didn't get the car back as PPF was done. So note to others..maybe hold off on PPF until you know it is good to go
I did wait a few days before PPF and car was driving fine, no issues. Night before it charged fine but in the morning was dead.

Tow truck was able to jump the car and get it working. I’d assume if the main battery was dead it wouldn’t charge or turn on with a jump.

I would like to get everyone's opinion and past experiences with Tesla deliveries, specific to small paint issues.

Specifically for me, my scheduled delivery is Sunday. My MX arrived last night. I went by to take a look this afternoon. Vehicle looks fabulous. I will get a better look once it's cleaned up, but door and panel alignment looks really good. Paint looks good with one exception.

The only issue I found was a paint chip above taillight on the corner where the trunk closes. Pic attached.

I visited with the delivery team and raised it as an issue. It was obviously identified previously during the QC process as it is circled with a white marker and has an arrow pointing to it.

I told them that I wanted the paint chip fixed prior to delivery and even suggested that they push out delivery if needed.

What is everyone's experience with getting Tesla to fix small paint issues prior to delivery?

Attachments

• Paint.PNG
    Paint.PNG
    1.3 MB · Views: 70

If you really need the room, you could remove one of the seats and still have a 5 seater.

• Disagree
Reactions: mr-dmitry