Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Possible, but the more likely explanation is that it's a very large batch of parts that were produced with this blemish and they're still having to work through them. Folks who have complained have gotten a replacement part that doesn't have the worm. It's only showing up on fresh deliveries, AFAIK.
No, its where the cap is designed to split in half to allow the airbag to inflate

Reactions: SomeJoe7777
Just a PSA. Tesla dropped the price of wall connector to $495, in case anyone wants to buy one.
Maybe a long shot, but I have to wonder if they're dropping the proprietary connector in favor of the CCS standard.

• Informative
Reactions: ductordoc

Scroll down to Vehicle Charging Speeds.
Look at 1st and 3rd row.

Now you can find out more info if needed.
I was looking for the actual charging speed on the new refresh from som one he got the car already , I do have x 2018 , which 30 miles per hours on 14-50, but the new refresh on the schedule seemed to be less, not sure to order a wall charger or not ?

Heres some interesting data.

TroyTeslike estimates 30,500 MX in the current backlog.

Speculative math:
In the last 6 weeks the spreadsheet reports an average of 11 cars delivered per week. Currently we have 446 undelivered cars.
30,500 / 446 = 63.4

In other words, out forum/spreadsheet represents 1/63rd of backlogged MX Teslas.

63.4 x 11 = as many as 698 MX manufactured per week.

(purely unfounded speculation, this assumes all cars are delivered by the latest EDD of Jan 2023)

Thoughts @Troy ?

OK - back to wall chargers. I have a 2018 XLR and installed a charging station with a 50 Amp circuit and a NEMA 50 (14-50?) receptacle. We pulled 6 gauge ROMEX. It charges at 32 Amps, which is fine for me. Overnight charging. To go to the new wall charger and up the charging amperage it looks like you'll need 4 gauge ROMEX. Installed a charging station for my son - they bought a Volvo eCar. Used 6 gauge THHN and it was fairly simple to install. Have not used 4 gauge for a while but I'll bet it's not fun to work with.
Did someone say that the X Refresh charging cable comes with a different plug configuration?

Reactions: Rickywraith