Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
3/5: EDD went to 3/17~3/31
3/9: EDD went to August
3/11: EDD went to 3/23~3/31...what a week!
Checked my account online and I see this? EDD is still 4/6 to 4/27. I don’t recall seeing this page like this before? No Vin.

1EDFD5C0-F7FF-4899-8A36-F584942CC645.png

Checked my account online and I see this? EDD is still 4/6 to 4/27. I don’t recall seeing this page like this before? No Vin.

View attachment 789736
Did you request to add trade in or change payment method to financing, or you trade in offer expired? This happened to me when I told my SA that I wanted to add trade in, it went back to the older confirmation page once my trade in was approved

Reactions: bigal1267
I have pretty typical 7' garage doors, but i was thinking if the FWD have any issues that i'll probably look into doing a high lift conversion. I only have room for maybe 12" more of clearance, but that would probably be more than enough to fully open the doors without having to worry about ever hitting anything. It sounds like it is pretty inexpensive, and possibly DIY-able.
My garage is 9ft high but won't be able to open FWD fully because of sensor

When do people suggest changing from cash to loan? Once there’s a VIN or as soon as possible? Would rather have minimal credit hits so if we do it now and our car isn’t here for 2-3 months, we’d rather not have additional inquiries

I ordered red/black but you guys are really making me have second thoughts about it. Considering going to white or cream now. Wife is on the fence now too. Black seems “safer”, white is starting to look appealing to us, and cream seems like a middle ground.
I’ve had about every interior color and I will only go light. Ive had several of my grandkids in my current car with cream. I’ve cleaned up vomit, food of every consistency, and I have probably spilled many a latte. It looks great. My husband has black leather in his truck and it always looks dusty and dirty to me. Light colors are also cooler in the summer. I told my husband when he ordered the MX that the cream interior was non-negotiable and he could pick any exterior color except white (just because I’m tired of owning white cars). So we have red/cream on order.

When do people suggest changing from cash to loan? Once there’s a VIN or as soon as possible? Would rather have minimal credit hits so if we do it now and our car isn’t here for 2-3 months, we’d rather not have additional inquiries
Since rates are raising, I would apply for loan now even though current rate may expire but have better chance to keep same rate after renewal/resubmit

After VIN because until then you could be 1 day away or 1 year away from getting the car while your credit application will expire in 30 days.

Reactions: -motts-
I’ve had about every interior color and I will only go light. Ive had several of my grandkids in my current car with cream. I’ve cleaned up vomit, food of every consistency, and I have probably spilled many a latte. It looks great. My husband has black leather in his truck and it always looks dusty and dirty to me. Light colors are also cooler in the summer. I told my husband when he ordered the MX that the cream interior was non-negotiable and he could pick any exterior color except white (just because I’m tired of owning white cars). So we have red/cream on order.
I heard that RED is more attractive to cop :)

Reactions: cjkosh and CoryMD
My customer and I love my red / cream. The 2021 XLR 6seat came with DARK walnut which was a surprise - my 2018 X 5 seat had the light walnut. Both look outstanding. BTW the giant double bass fits beautifully in the six seat with the neck between the second row seats. The huge cargo liner from my Mercedes GLS450 fits perfectly behind the second row of captains chairs so there is way more cargo room back there than I expected. The rear seats are pretty much useless except for pesky real estate agents so they remain mostly folded down unless I want to make a 6 seat statement which frankly is pretty cool! Still zero defects or issues in week two. Other than lingering field model California dirt on some outside nooks and crannies.

When was your original reservation? I was told I could switch anything around unless I wanted to take a price increase (base price).
1.19.21. Salespeople told me I would keep my lower price but be moved to the back of the line to the Sahara desert otherwise known as October. Desperate, I texted the 'welcome to Tesla' text and finally got the desired response.
The red and white combo is 🔥🔥🔥
Neither the red exterior nor the white interior is for me (to own) but I love love love to see a car with those colors. Really awesome.
agreed!

I do rely on sensor but you can stop or start fwd open or close manually by pressing inside button while it's opening or closing
does the “open fwd fully at this location” always work? i tried saving it in my home garage but still doesn’t open fully - I have enough space to the ceiling but it still stops 3/4 way up - even tried resetting and saving the location to open fully