Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My EDD moved multiple times, 08/23-09/28. 08/28-09/18, 09/01-09/20. 2 weeks ago, it was Dec/22-Apr/23, then 10/15-11/24. Just as I am about to go into hibernation, I got VIN this monring and delivery window in next week. It feels like real this time.
I have entered into my EDD window about 5 different times dating back to March. 1 to 2 days into the EDD, I get bumped out. I have a new EDD 09/13-10/1. Hoping this one finally sticks!

Excited to see so many VINs! I’m sitting here with an EDD of Dec-April (6/21 order date) and it hasn’t moved… any ideas on what I can do to get a VIN? Wife is getting impatient…
You might have done this already but still worth mentioning. Change your method of payment to "cash" instead of financing. This puts you on the preferred list. That's what my SA told me. Once you have your VIN, you can change it back to loan by calling/texting them.

I know it doesn’t matter much in Tesla world and the car will be the same, but does anyone know when Tesla will start pushing 2023 VINs?

I ordered my Model Y on Oct 3, 2020 and received it Oct 25, 2020. It is a 2021. It appears October is the change over month for the new model year or was then.

On order since 01/2022: Model X, MSM, Black, 20", 7 seater, FSD.

However, the driver’s side FWD keeps stopping closing just before it’s complete, with a tone that I assume indicates an error or obstacle. But nothing shows up on the screen and I’m able to close it with another push. Anyone had this issue? I may just schedule mobile service to check it out.
My passenger FWD has done the same thing a couple times. Took it in to service and they said they couldn't reproduce the issue. If it keeps happening record the exact date\time and include that info when you request service, otherwise they probably will do nothing about it.

Reactions: daftskunk
Just paid for the MX, definitely the largest non-real estate purchase of my life. 😬

I know the floor mats topic has come up a lot, but I pulled the trigger on the full Tesmanian set, since I saw a lot of folks on here had done the same. 3D MAXpider seems to be the favorite, but it looks like they still don't have a 2022 MX set available. Anyone have the Tesmanian mats and like them so far?
My passenger FWD has done the same thing a couple times. Took it in to service and they said they couldn't reproduce the issue. If it keeps happening record the exact date\time and include that info when you request service, otherwise they probably will do nothing about it.
Mine does the same when I park on an incline. I took to service, they didn’t fix it, but said they did. I brought service advisor out before I left and he observed the issue.

I now have an appointment with the body shop since regular service couldn’t fix it. I don’t have many issues on flat ground, but I park at home on an incline.

Attachments

• AE29003B-6BC0-4576-A545-9756F006A039.jpeg
    AE29003B-6BC0-4576-A545-9756F006A039.jpeg
    332.2 KB · Views: 104
  • 93AC540C-D95C-45C7-922B-351400EF112E.jpeg
    93AC540C-D95C-45C7-922B-351400EF112E.jpeg
    659.3 KB · Views: 78
Mine does the same when I park on an incline. I took to service, they didn’t fix it, but said they did. I brought service advisor out before I left and he observed the issue.

I now have an appointment with the body shop since regular service couldn’t fix it. I don’t have many issues on flat ground, but I park at home on an incline.
Oh wow, good to know. It was also happening on our driveway which is an incline here too. But since yesterday it hasn’t happened. Maybe it’s intermittent?

Oh wow, good to know. It was also happening on our driveway which is an incline here too. But since yesterday it hasn’t happened. Maybe it’s intermittent?
I have had it close fine on an incline, but 9/10 it doesn’t. It too closes with a second press, but like I told them at delivery and at service, I shouldn’t have to. It should just work.

My last 17X never had any issues.

My service center has some steep inclines, so easy for me to reproduce there.

I have had it close fine on an incline, but 9/10 it doesn’t. It too closes with a second press, but like I told them at delivery and at service, I shouldn’t have to. It should just work.

My last 17X never had any issues.

My service center has some steep inclines, so easy for me to reproduce there.
I agree - at this price point, it’s not unreasonable to expect things like this to just work. I kind of wish the car didn’t have the FWD, to be honest. 😂

I’ll probably schedule service too.

This is an old issue with the wing door design as the door is very heavy and even slight misalignment can cause it to warp a little triggering sensors. I had two issues with our 2018 MX -

- Issue closing on first try when parked in our driveway with a slight incline
This took multiple visits to the SC, a video showing the issue and also scratch marks on one of the sides which they patched. I even measured the inclination with my iphone, which (if i remembercorrectly) was at 8 degrees. Was first told anything above 15 degrees is dicy (which is wierd but understandable with the heavy door design) but I pushed back a bit nicely, showing them the inclination angle. Just had to find a good service advisor willing to work with you. They ultimately realigned the door to fix both the scratching and inclination issue.

- Phantom object when opening
This is a known issue if it happens to the door that is facing the sun. The door heats up and sensors go wonky while they are hot. Looks like that has not been changed / fixed with the new model either.

• Informative