Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
EDD for my Plaid is sometime this week (VIN was reset after I moved it from Vallejo to Fremont factory) but currently on the verge of cancelling. Mobile Service on my 2019 MX was scheduled this morning and the tech no-called, no-showed and is now being rude to me. I can't stand this company's customer service sometimes. :confused:

Very cool! I think the LA deliveries are gearing up, maybe your etd will move up or u may get a vin sooner than what they are saying! Are u financing and if so what did you txt back? Just wierd that no one responds when you txt back anything. It’s almost like it’s a bot we’re messaging back. I don’t know, but hopeful vin comes sooner than later !
I keep refreshing the app, no date change. Got this response back:
"Thanks for completing the pre-delivery tasks thus far! Next step is to wait to get matched to a VIN. Once matched, your timeline is 3 days to take delivery. Tesla will send you a link to self schedule delivery for pickup at our delivery center in Marina Del Rey. After selecting delivery date, you can purchase Tesla insurance. Click the link to watch tutorial videos of how to use your car: Video Guides | Tesla"

Getting worried because we have a vacation planned in Oct. Gotta love that they give you 3 days after waiting 15+ months so far.

I said Pay in Full (what my SA said to do to keep things moving and he said I can change it right up until delivery), but do intend to get a loan. Applying now to get a rate lock assuming my window will tighten up and actually be early Oct or Nov... who knows... wishful thinking since I see so many June orders coming in now which is when I ordered.

EDD for my Plaid is sometime this week (VIN was reset after I moved it from Vallejo to Fremont factory) but currently on the verge of cancelling. Mobile Service on my 2019 MX was scheduled this morning and the tech no-called, no-showed and is now being rude to me. I can't stand this company's customer service sometimes. :confused:
Elon said on twitter that same day reschedule or no-show will get you $100. Demand what you heard.

Reactions: Elixir
You gotta understand there are Tens of thousands of ppl are working for Tesla. Not everyone is up to standard but what you experienced is on extreme side of bell curve and not acceptable. You should let Tesla know what you experienced so that others don't experience the same.

Elon said on twitter that same day reschedule or no-show will get you $100. Demand what you heard.

Yea... I tried that two hours ago and the SC just closed the ticket with no comment and I can't even reply to them now. :mad:

Time to take it to Twitter and @ Elon I guess. :( I wish this behavior was an anomaly but the sad truth is that there's simply no consequences for an employee doing this. There's absolutely 0 way to provide feedback or escalate this. In 3 years of ownership and through a horrible Tesla Solar install, the only way it works out is if you happen upon a kind individual working inside this insane zero-accountability machine.

Just got the text saying my MX will be built and delivered this month and to make sure my pre-delivery tasks are complete (which they already are). I wonder how much longer until I get vin’d?!

Edd 9/17-10/8
I got the same text today, and I have to resubmit financing because the original expired Not holding my breath. My EOD is the same as yours too for MXP. I live in the Bay Area, CA. I placed my order in July 2022.

I got the same text today, and I have to resubmit financing because the original expired Not holding my breath. My EOD is the same as yours too for MXP. I live in the Bay Area, CA. I placed my order in July 2022.
I too got the same text today. My EDD is 10/4 -11/15. June 2021 order and deliver in Los Angeles. Not getting excited until a shorter window populates. Who knows…

VIN'd xxxxF35xxxx!
Pickup the 12th.
Back in the dark ages I thought we would all vin before page 1000 but here we are at page 2000!
Picked the car up today.
I was there ontime but the car was not.
It was at an offsite lot so I had to wait with my little kids for at least 20minutes for them to go fetch it which was super annoying.
Weather was crappy so it was hard to check stuff in the pouring rain but overall seemed ok-ish.
No charger or Fobs (expected but still not pleased with Tesla weaseling out of this stuff)
The vehicle prep was so-so, it had plastic protection still on the dash and screens, floor mats installed poorly or upside down, lots of glue from stickers inside and out, masking tape still inside the car, other tape on the exterior, the wheel inserts were not installed.

So other than those non existant customer service annoyances, there are only a few mechanical things needing fixed.

HVAC Vent in the 3rd row has NO airflow from the Left, but some airflow on the Right side. So I put a ticket in.

Doors.
-FWD on the right side doesn't sit flush when closed, too rainy to take a picture today but I will take one later.

-The front drivers and passengers doors require MUCH more force to close than on my 2018 P100D.
The P100D doors will power all the way closed with a gentle push.

On the new X its almost like you have to slam the doors to get them to close, or else they don't get close enough to suck themselves shut the rest of the way.

Does anyone else here have really hard to close doors?
Or does anyone else have an old and new X and feel the same/different?

Thanks guys, what a crazy long ride this has been.
The car does drive much better than my P100D, more agile feeling like the model 3

EDD pushed out from 09/18-10/23 to 12/3 -01/27😤😤😤😤😤 April 21 7 seat order Bay Area
Same here. Yesterday it was 9/21-10/26 and I was hoping it would shorten like others since I was getting close to EDD.

Wtf….I was thinking this new EDD is a placeholder but it may be true. I never got a trade in text (clicked no trade in though during the order) or financing text either. Also appears to have placed me in q4 of 2022 and I’m on the west coast. Am I really going to wait 20+ months for this car? Ridiculous.

Reactions: Elixir
I keep refreshing the app, no date change. Got this response back:
"Thanks for completing the pre-delivery tasks thus far! Next step is to wait to get matched to a VIN. Once matched, your timeline is 3 days to take delivery. Tesla will send you a link to self schedule delivery for pickup at our delivery center in Marina Del Rey. After selecting delivery date, you can purchase Tesla insurance. Click the link to watch tutorial videos of how to use your car: Video Guides | Tesla"

Getting worried because we have a vacation planned in Oct. Gotta love that they give you 3 days after waiting 15+ months so far.

I said Pay in Full (what my SA said to do to keep things moving and he said I can change it right up until delivery), but do intend to get a loan. Applying now to get a rate lock assuming my window will tighten up and actually be early Oct or Nov... who knows... wishful thinking since I see so many June orders coming in now which is when I ordered.
Hey thanks for sharing! My pickup is also at Marina Del Rey, and I hope you get pushed up to end of sep delivery at the latest looking at their communication with you, and to have them spare your trip!

So I did end up saying “financing” when they messaged me, and they unlocked my account page for me to do that. I did apply and have the financing squared away now - and my Edd finally moved to a 3 week window this morning, Sep 18th-Oct 9th from previously Sep 17th-Oct22nd. Hopefully we both have VINs coming soon!