Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I called the customer service number up right now by pressing 1 and then 2 and then entering the Freemont zip code like others have. Totally useless rep. She didn't even know that folks were being proactively called to switch to a 6 seater. I already have a 6 seater in place but was calling for some update of some sort based on others phone calls to them. She had nooo updates for me whatsoever. I even mentioned my EDD being blank. Still nothing from her
just keep trying until you get someone who can be helpful.

Reactions: Elixir and EV_LIFE
2021+ owners manual just dropped.
Interesting, page 30 states "Wireless Phone Chargers Wireless phone chargers are integrated into both the front and rear consoles, each providing up to 15W of power to charge Qienabled phones. Simply place your phone on the charger. Your device may feel warm while charging, but this is a normal effect of inductive charging."

This means rear wireless charging was either planned and scrapped or this is a crappy copy and paste job from the model s manual

Interesting, page 30 states "Wireless Phone Chargers Wireless phone chargers are integrated into both the front and rear consoles, each providing up to 15W of power to charge Qienabled phones. Simply place your phone on the charger. Your device may feel warm while charging, but this is a normal effect of inductive charging."

This means rear wireless charging was either planned and scrapped or this is a crappy copy and paste job from the model s manual
Tesla's website still mentions wireless charging for every passenger but I haven't seen any photos of the "rear console" in the Model X yet so we can't confirm whether they exist or not. I see the manual shows the cup holders under the screen but no sign of wireless charging there.

1634581828645.png

It's in the rear center console armrest.

Tesla's website still mentions wireless charging for every passenger but I haven't seen any photos of the "rear console" in the Model X yet so we can't confirm whether they exist or not. I see the manual shows the cup holders under the screen but no sign of wireless charging there.

View attachment 722984

View attachment 722984
It's tiny size 2 font letters that say, "for front passengers only".

For the Model S Refresh roll-out, the wheel size was a big deal: 22" was clearly prioritized over 20". Seems to me that the reverse maybe be happening here, and that those with 20" wheels are being priorities over 22" wheels. Am I wrong? Has anyone with LR and 22" wheels (and 5/7 seats) gotten "the call"?

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
For the Model S Refresh roll-out, the wheel size was a big deal: 22" was clearly prioritized over 20". Seems to me that the reverse maybe be happening here, and that those with 20" wheels are being priorities over 22" wheels. Am I wrong? Has anyone with LR and 22" wheels (and 5/7 seats) gotten "the call"?
I'd love to downgrade if so. Had I known the 20" would be dark, I would have kept them.

Reactions: nBar5EV1
Yep got the call I have LR 22" wheels had 7 seater (now switched to 6)

View attachment 722984
So it’s saying wireless and USB-C charging for every passenger means that front two with wireless charge and rears with USB-C charging maybe.

So it’s saying wireless and USB-C charging for every passenger means that front two with wireless charge and rears with USB-C charging maybe.
Maybe...but based on "and/or" logical operators, "and" means both wireless and USB-C for every passenger. "Or" would mean either wireless or USB-C charging for every passenger

I called the customer service number up right now by pressing 1 and then 2 and then entering the Freemont zip code like others have. Totally useless rep. She didn't even know that folks were being proactively called to switch to a 6 seater. I already have a 6 seater in place but was calling for some update of some sort based on others phone calls to them. She had nooo updates for me whatsoever. I even mentioned my EDD being blank. Still nothing from her
I think we get the same rep. The lady didn't say much.

Reactions: bhramabull