Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I talked to a manager in sales & ops back at the delivery event and he mentioned that Plaids were still seeking regulatory approvals.

Actually working in the tech manufacturing industry myself, I suspect they changed some RF chip in the car and it needs to be reviewed by the FCC for approval as a product. Could be something else though.
Interesting. Wonder how long this type of thing takes?

Someone else can take my 6 seater which is supposedly December delivery despite ordering in June. I'm delaying delivery until after July 1 2022. My state will pay me 4k to watch the delivery pains shake out. Feds might add to that.

I'll enjoy my S until Tesla makes the first round of adjustments, the rough UI is finished, and I'm getting a check from Illinois.

For the Model S Refresh roll-out, the wheel size was a big deal: 22" was clearly prioritized over 20". Seems to me that the reverse maybe be happening here, and that those with 20" wheels are being priorities over 22" wheels. Am I wrong? Has anyone with LR and 22" wheels (and 5/7 seats) gotten "the call"?
I’m a LR, 20” and 7 seater and haven’t gotten a call.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Latest, minimally-helpful response from my local SA for my 5 seater:

“I just double checked with my manager about the 6-seater changes. It looks like there is a case-by-case basis that Tesla is reaching out to customers about this change. However, if they haven't reached out to you, then it is because your car is still on track to come in at the fastest time possible.”

Latest, minimally-helpful response from my local SA for my 5 seater:

“I just double checked with my manager about the 6-seater changes. It looks like there is a case-by-case basis that Tesla is reaching out to customers about this change. However, if they haven't reached out to you, then it is because your car is still on track to come in at the fastest time possible.”
We’ll that is clearly balderdash

Wonder if anyone who just took delivery had paid the original base price(pre 10k hike) or pre-refresh base price. It seems odd they prioritize the 6-seater, I cant imagine their margins being that much higher, and considering theres almost a perfect 33% take rate for each of the configurations, it seems they would just deliver 1/3 as many cars as they could had they mixed it up

Tesla's website still mentions wireless charging for every passenger but I haven't seen any photos of the "rear console" in the Model X yet so we can't confirm whether they exist or not. I see the manual shows the cup holders under the screen but no sign of wireless charging there.

View attachment 722984

Screenshot 2021-10-18 at 13.33.34.png
It is interesting that both MS and MX manual has a decleration for TWO wireless chargers, but my guess its just a copy paste mistake since we havent seen any reports of any center armrest console ever existing on the MX