Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have Alliant Credit Union for my current Tesla and they are great.
Yes. I had Alliant for my 2016 S as well and Tesla sent me there for my X order that I almost took delivery last Dec.
My question is why all my friends in TX who ordered a 3 and Y got the online financing and the S, X order has to go with a 3rd party lender?
Is it because of the large purchase amount?

Mind sharing how much the upsell was total ? Any change to base price ?
John, the corporate sales guy said that if I were to make the changes on my own, I wouldn't lose my place in line but I would have to pay the new base price ($10,000 more than my price). So I paid for the standard difference between 7 and 6 seats ($3,000), white and black paint ($1,500), and no difference for cream to white interior.

Reactions: TJPDX
Mind sharing how much the upsell was total ? Any change to base price ?
They are not changing your base if you bought it pre price hike. You just pay the seat change charge if there is one or interior color price change. I changed mine and it increased the price by $6500 because i went from a lower seat option. They kept
Me at the 90k base since i ordered in jan

Reactions: TJPDX
Yes. I had Alliant for my 2016 S as well and Tesla sent me there for my X order that I almost took delivery last Dec.
My question is why all my friends in TX who ordered a 3 and Y got the online financing and the S, X order has to go with a 3rd party lender?
Maybe because Tesla didn’t start doing financing in Texas until recently? I bought my Model 3 in Nov 2018 and they were not doing in house financing back then. Did your friends got S or X before that?

Maybe because Tesla didn’t start doing financing in Texas until recently? I bought my Model 3 in Nov 2018 and they were not doing in house financing back then. Did your friends got S or X before that?

Hi! My SA here in Austin told me about UFCU. Their rates are very low (1.65% up to 48 months). Plus, if your downpayment is greater than or equal to the loan amount, you can get 1.65% on a 84 month (7 year) loan!

• Informative
Reactions: VLTWGGN and Stro
Hi! My SA here in Austin told me about UFCU. Their rates are very low (1.65% up to 48 months). Plus, if your downpayment is greater than or equal to the loan amount, you can get 1.65% on a 84 month (7 year) loan!

This might actually be perfect for me.. I am putting down 50% so my loan will be the same amount as my down payment. I will bookmark this and give them a call once I get my VIN... Thanks!

Long-time lurker here, last two weeks was wild as I was sure that I won’t get my Model X until late Q1 2022, now there’s hope getting it this year!!

Ordered in early May, LR, 6 seats, white in white, 20 wheel, no FSD. EDD has been blank since forever ago…

Just hope financing will go smoothly for me - not a US citizen so bigger banks don’t offer auto financing to me… had to go with PendFed credit union last time but they only approved me for half of what I was hoping for because “you don’t have big loan experience “ although I had a mortgage and a lease with Lexus and my income was more than enough for the loan… had to go with Model 3 because of that instead an X. And I’m glad I didn’t got the X back then as it had so many upgrades since then lol.

This might actually be perfect for me.. I am putting down 50% so my loan will be the same amount as my down payment. I will bookmark this and give them a call once I get my VIN... Thanks!
From a financial perspective, why would you put 50% down if you could get a 2.5% loan with something like 10% down? Is there some kind of tax reason?

At least historically, it would make the most sense to keep those funds invested in the market with our current low auto loan rates.

You should look into DCU (digital credit union). They give extra discounts for EV's, and with these discounts can be as low as 1.49% over 65 mos. You can even get a quote from DCU, and email it to Tesla to get them to match the rate. Also, it takes a few days to set up your deposit account before applying for the auto loan, so give yourself some time to do this, rather than waiting until the last min.
What is the Tesla email address to send the DCU quote to?

Reactions: EndlessPlaid