Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Did you have a chance to sit in a Model S refresh yet?
I sat in a Plaid, and in my opinion after getting back in our MX 18, the interior and quality feel was vastly different, much more modern and way more use of different textures and materials, and everything felt more tight. Compared to a Y/3 its a big big difference. But is it $61k different, that I dont know. Some features I really like that justify the price difference from a Y to X for me:

- Size, much more spacious and usable third row, bigger frunk and trunk, 3 adults comfortable in middle row.
- Extra IC screen and rear screen for kids
- Yoke (debatable since I haven't tried it yet)
- Cooled seats in front, and heated seats everywhere, including third row
- Automatic doors and Falcon wing doors for convenience (open close all doors from screen)
- Better sound system and active noise cancelling
- Better range (not by much, but given its a much bigger car, Its a plus)
- Panoramic windshield in the front (as the driver this is a plus for me, not so much having it in the back/middle of the car)
- Adaptive Air suspension
- Premium interior (I'm calling it premium based no my experience sitting in the Plaid S)
FWIW... The only car category with 5 automatic doors are... Maybach, Rolls, Jag, etc. That one feature elevates the X to a different level than any other luxury SUV... Actually even above the MS.

Reactions: TJPDX
I think we haven't had the latest price increase yet, also.
We have not, given the fact I ordered on the 14th of October (2021) at the price it is currently at (109.990, with options etc. at a staggering 114.500). Only a matter of time most likely.

Edit: Having said that; I am wondering if the aforementioned 104995 is excluding any VAT. Because if you do the math with the Dutch tax on top of that; you get to about the same price (127k USD which is about 109+k EUR). But seeing as the Tesla site auto directs to NL prices, I cannot check myself :)

Last edited: