Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Say Whaaaaaaat? "Round of deliveries" means a truckload or something close to that, right? We would have seen them out on the road. We would have seen them on Twitter or Reddit right? RIGHT?

My delivery location is the new Mesa service and sales center. I have an appointment for service coming up... Maybe I'll ask them some questions when I go.
He was a new guy working there. But he had a refresh S and said they had already delivered X in the Phoenix area. Super nice guy, let me check out the yoke and everything on his car.

• Love
Reactions: TWENT2
39 here with two young ones 5 and 7. I’m definitely an old fart already and can’t keep up with their energy!

They’re both excited about the tesla as we all try to point other ones out whenever we see them. My 5 year old son is super good at spotting them on the highway or driving around town before I even see them.

This will be our first Tesla but both my brothers have one - an X and a 3. Funny they got them first as I’ve been the tesla evangelist for 7 years :p. Luckily I bought a lot of the stock years ago so I at least put my money where my mouth was which paid off nicely.

He was a new guy working there. But he had a refresh S and said they had already delivered X in the Phoenix area. Super nice guy, let me check out the yoke and everything on his car.
Did anyone else notice delivery time (though still TBD) messaging change to "will be available soon"? Exciting.....!
View attachment 727955
Mine changed to TBA overnight. My birthday is Wednesday and I am hoping at least for a confirmed delivery date.

If I'm reading this EPA paperwork correctly weighted the Model X gets way better mileage than specified.

UDDSw 493.55 miles
HWY 447.93 miles7
Yeah that's before they factor in the real world conditions into the range. This is a very common misconception, but the EPA never actually goes out and drives cars on a road; they use a dyno. They input load into the dyno to simulate road load as best as possible, but even that is too forgiving and unrealistic. So after they go through the cycles of spinning the car up and down, they apply a correction variable, such as 70% or 75%. That 400+ miles of range is what the car achieved before that factor.

Here is a very helpful article that I hope can be useful: