Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey @Fulkth, definitely enjoy your delivery tomorrow! Live in the moment! When you have a few spare moments, I’d be curious to know how you feel about the air flow in the captains chairs. I’m wondering, with the absence of the b pillar vents, if those passengers get adequate heating/cooling from that center console. Also, I’d love to know if they include the tow hitch. I’m looking forward to your thoughts and stories from tomorrow!
Tested out the air flow, seems pretty decent, better than the back seat of a 3. It does have fan speed control, but it's a variable added on to the overall vehicle fan speed. So it I increase the front fans the back also increases regardless of the back console settings. Also the pillar vents in the third row are purely controlled by front settings, they aren't controlled by the back seat console.

How’s the new turn signal buttons?
I got used to them pretty fast. Honestly I'm so conditioned to my 3 I'm finding the driver screen harder to use. I keep looking to the center screen for my speed/battery/etc. Horn is easy to use too by just covering the right side of the yoke. Also the door open button is capacitive just like the yoke, feels odd from the actual buttons in the 3/Y.

Reactions: TWENT2
Did try to make a phone call while driving, how he call quality and noise from surrounding? I do had the 2018 version but these features was not not good .
So it sounds like phone calls are coming through the autopilot speaker as well, which is giving it this weird buzz. Music and navigation are all the regular speakers, but my autopilot speaker has a really annoying buzz to it, definitely warranty call on it

Reactions: TWENT2
Okay actual post:
Delivery was super smooth and contactless. Vehicle came with two cards and two key fobs in my center tray (no fancy fob box like the first 5 deliveries).
PXL_20211110_011605502.jpg

Display stuff is the exact same as seen as in that video on the refresh X getting tinted. If anyone has any specific questions I'll try to answer them. Yoke and whatnot is the same as the S. I'm still getting used to the menu layout. My kid loves the back screen though, and already claimed the third row as his.

Auto shift feels really intuitive, the entire center screen pops up the reverse camera so it's pretty obvious if you are in reverse or not. I'm already loving the yolk, but I can definitely see certain preferences in steering habits for people will probably cause them to dislike the yoke.

All six seats have the perforations, but only the front has the cooling feature. It seems to work pretty good, has a good breeze to it. Also has similar coat hangers as the 3/Y, but above the third row seats. Can't remember what the old models had.

And of course I floored it several times tonight, as is mandatory with a Tesla. Haven't tried that drag strip mode yet.

Okay actual post:
Delivery was super smooth and contactless. Vehicle came with two cards and two key fobs in my center tray (no fancy fob box like the first 5 deliveries). View attachment 731312
Display stuff is the exact same as seen as in that video on the refresh X getting tinted. If anyone has any specific questions I'll try to answer them. Yoke and whatnot is the same as the S. I'm still getting used to the menu layout. My kid loves the back screen though, and already claimed the third row as his.

Auto shift feels really intuitive, the entire center screen pops up the reverse camera so it's pretty obvious if you are in reverse or not. I'm already loving the yolk, but I can definitely see certain preferences in steering habits for people will probably cause them to dislike the yoke.

All six seats have the perforations, but only the front has the cooling feature. It seems to work pretty good, has a good breeze to it. Also has similar coat hangers as the 3/Y, but above the third row seats. Can't remember what the old models had.

And of course I floored it several times tonight, as is mandatory with a Tesla. Haven't tried that drag strip mode yet.
Thanks for the write up! Forgive my ignorance, the non-plaid has drag strip mode?

How are the ventilated seats? Do you feel cold air? Does it push or pull air? What suspension setting was the picture you posted? Fender/wheel gap and stance looks really good
It is really hard to tell if it's pushing the air or not, or if it's actually cooled. I think it's blowing uncooled air at your back and bottom. I'll try it out more, it definitely works though.

Suspension was default, haven't messed with anything on it.