Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just noticed that the Estimated delivery date on the order website has the year now. The manage order page also says this now which is longer than before.
6cb89e339d06d8a8708b72d22cb3ecab.png
Thats not the original text. So this is a good sign. This is the original text. (Pay no attention to the circle this is an older screenshot)

Attachments

• B707F991-3FC3-407D-8D91-F02E1145B878.jpeg
    B707F991-3FC3-407D-8D91-F02E1145B878.jpeg
    180.6 KB · Views: 75
At the most narrow points I am getting 58 inches of depth (red), 35" wide(green), 27" high (blue).View attachment 732100
Very interesting.
On my wife’s MY I am getting 78” depth to the back of the front seats with the back seat folded down and enough space to seat both driver and front passenger comfortably.
At the most narrow point at the rear wheel wells it’s 37.5”.
And the height of the hatch opening is 27.5”.
So the MY has MORE space than the X 6!
When the second row rear seat is up there is 43” of depth in the MY from the rear to the back of the second row rear seats.
My big Double Bass is 52” tall in the body and a further 28” to the top of the neck.
It fits nicely in the MY with the passenger seat moved up slightly or diagonally without compromising the front passenger seat space at all.
I am 6’9” tall and all the Teslas are some of the few vehicles I can fit comfortably in, even the 3 though the 3 is too low for me.
Looks like the X cargo area is almost too short unless I extend the neck between the captains chairs and prop up the body in the cargo area to avoid the center console and putting weight on the neck.
Bottom line is the height of the X for me and the awesome presence/tech/FWD/captains chairs on the 6 seater make some unconvinced with hauling the bass worth getting the X.
But I sure can see why the MY will soon become the worlds best selling vehicle ICE or EV!

Reactions: Fulkth
Just refresh the account page and has the new updated text.
Estimated delivery: January
Delivery timing will update based on configuration availability. We will reach out to schedule your delivery when your VIN is assigned.
Yup a good sign. Means vins are imminent. To me it means vins are about to start being assigned

Very interesting.
On my wife’s MY I am getting 78” depth to the back of the front seats with the back seat folded down and enough space to seat both driver and front passenger comfortably.
At the most narrow point at the rear wheel wells it’s 37.5”.
And the height of the hatch opening is 27.5”.
So the MY has MORE space than the X 6!
When the second row rear seat is up there is 43” of depth in the MY from the rear to the back of the second row rear seats.
My big Double Bass is 52” tall in the body and a further 28” to the top of the neck.
It fits nicely in the MY with the passenger seat moved up slightly or diagonally without compromising the front passenger seat space at all.
I am 6’9” tall and all the Teslas are some of the few vehicles I can fit comfortably in, even the 3 though the 3 is too low for me.
Looks like the X cargo area is almost too short unless I extend the neck between the captains chairs and prop up the body in the cargo area to avoid the center console and putting weight on the neck.
Bottom line is the height of the X for me and the awesome presence/tech/FWD/captains chairs on the 6 seater make some unconvinced with hauling the bass worth getting the X.
But I sure can see why the MY will soon become the worlds best selling vehicle ICE or EV!
Yes if you want cargo stay far away from the 6 seat. I couldn’t even fit a 60” tv in it from Best Buy. The Y is much more useful for cargo than the 6.

Yes if you want cargo stay far away from the 6 seat. I couldn’t even fit a 60” tv in it from Best Buy. The Y is much more useful for cargo than the 6.
This is why I won’t switch from the 5 seat. Max cargo. I actually do like to woodwork some and take kids bikes with us on trips inside the vehicle etc

Last edited:
Lol not very creative. I have 3 daughters and an X is needed for me. I had issues picking a name because of the ones that were taken and I just ended up with this out of a few changes.
See @jkhanesq , 100% correct. It was unfair though. I have one daughter and two on the way (yes, twins) and I’m depending on the X 6 seater to fit them all comfortably.

View attachment 732152
X pic while I work on dinner and the video.
I just had to take a moment to say thank you for sticking with us even after accepting delivery of your new X. There is no payment we can offer other than a thanks. I am sure there are also many silent lurking eyes that appreciate your courtesy as well. :)

View attachment 732152
X pic while I work on dinner and the video.
These stock 20" cyberstream wheels actually look so good, have better range, are less prone to damage, etc. Hard to justify paying $5500 for the 22"s that don't even look that good and you can get better aftermarket wheels for less and have a spare set of stock wheels.

See @jkhanesq , 100% correct. It was unfair though. I have one daughter and two on the way (yes, twins) and I’m depending on the X 6 seater to fit them all comfortably.
Congratulations and good luck! You’re going to need it! Lol.

For the car, you may not love the 6 the way you’re thinking. You’re going to love the doors for getting them in and out of the car seats but probably won’t love the seats while they are rear facing. Take my advice and try a few different rear facing seats and see what makes the front seats more comfortable.

I don’t know how old your current one is and if they’re in a car seat but I’ve heard they removed the tethers from the 3rd row (mine still had it)

Same with double stroller if you have one. It’ll be hard to fit in trunk with one back seat up for your other daughter and one down. So you’ll need a compact one.

Now that I don’t have a double stroller or rear facing car seats the X is amazing but was tough when I did if I’m being honest.

These stock 20" cyberstream wheels actually look so good, have better range, are less prone to damage, etc. Hard to justify paying $5500 for the 22"s that don't even look that good and you can get better aftermarket wheels for less and have a spare set of stock wheels.
Yeah, if they were black on my original order I would have taken them or if I could have made the change without fear of further delay I would have to.

Reactions: 1pinhigh