Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thats not the original text. So this is a good sign. This is the original text. (Pay no attention to the circle this is an older screenshot)
I think that mine changed too. I don't check it until my friends in the waiting room tell me to. 😂 This is slightly new language right?

Estimated Delivery: TBD
Delivery timing will be available soon

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211111-193757.png
    Screenshot_20211111-193757.png
    267.5 KB · Views: 284
Reactions: Fulkth
See @jkhanesq , 100% correct. It was unfair though. I have one daughter and two on the way (yes, twins) and I’m depending on the X 6 seater to fit them all comfortably.
As someone with twins (boy/girl), all I can tell you is good luck. My twins are my only kids, so I didn't know any better. I envied people with one kid as that seemed like the easy life. But I wouldn't have it any other way. Mine just turned 4 and they are psyched for the X. I have FSD beta and both are always begging for the "car to drive itself". Weird to grow up with such technology when it was just a dream for the rest of us when we were kids.

Thanks for the detailed response. Much appreciated. Placing it outside with a dug out of a sort under the garage door for when I park inside for a storm seems like the solution.
I wouldn't put outside if possible. I would be concerned about years of wear & tear on the electronics.

My preference in order: (always inside.)
1- In the middle, between 2 garage doors. This gives you access to 4 car positions.
2- On the left side (looking at garage from outside), near door. This is right next to charge port of car, and gives you good access to 3 car positions.
3- On the right side, near door. This is ok and allows access to several cars by either dragging the cable around or backing up. Sometimes this is best compromise because of your breaker panel location.

I wouldn't put outside if possible. I would be concerned about years of wear & tear on the electronics.

My preference in order: (always inside.)
1- In the middle, between 2 garage doors. This gives you access to 4 car positions.
2- On the left side (looking at garage from outside), near door. This is right next to charge port of car, and gives you good access to 3 car positions.
3- On the right side, near door. This is ok and allows access to several cars by either dragging the cable around or backing up. Sometimes this is best compromise because of your breaker panel location.
You all have convinced me to do option 1. I was going to put mine by my door where the opener controls and light switches are, but then the charging cord would be across the path into the garage and to the freezer etc. Would get annoying and be a trip hazard all the time.

The other exotic option is to go for ceiling Mount with the cable attached to one of those retracting extension cord rollers so you pull it down from above to plug in.

You all have convinced me to do option 1. I was going to put mine by my door where the opener controls and light switches are, but then the charging cord would be across the path into the garage and to the freezer etc. Would get annoying and be a trip hazard all the time.
Have you seen the one where the guy hung it from his ceiling with a spring loaded string on the handle to keep it high but could then move anywhere in his garage.

Many of the vehicles in the track infield at MSs too. I've continually heard 'major supply chain issues' which is more than just the chip shortage. I think it's quite possible that there are car mat or seat leather or headliner shortages also . I mean have you seen the backup of container ships lurking outside of LA harbor?
Oh, for sure! I understand there are issues, but if they can ship out 5 to 7 cars, why can't they just do them all right now?? I mean, *sugar*, if I have to wait another month for floor mats, but that means I can get the car I've already been waiting for for over 11 months now? Sign me up!

As someone with twins (boy/girl), all I can tell you is good luck. My twins are my only kids, so I didn't know any better. I envied people with one kid as that seemed like the easy life. But I wouldn't have it any other way. Mine just turned 4 and they are psyched for the X. I have FSD beta and both are always begging for the "car to drive itself". Weird to grow up with such technology when it was just a dream for the rest of us when we were kids.
Haha thanks I love it. We have a 10 year old that can’t wait for the “self driving car.” Just really looking forward to picking her up in the car line with the FWD. I want her to feel as cool as I do haha.

Congratulations and good luck! You’re going to need it! Lol.

For the car, you may not love the 6 the way you’re thinking. You’re going to love the doors for getting them in and out of the car seats but probably won’t love the seats while they are rear facing. Take my advice and try a few different rear facing seats and see what makes the front seats more comfortable.

I don’t know how old your current one is and if they’re in a car seat but I’ve heard they removed the tethers from the 3rd row (mine still had it)

Same with double stroller if you have one. It’ll be hard to fit in trunk with one back seat up for your other daughter and one down. So you’ll need a compact one.

Now that I don’t have a double stroller or rear facing car seats the X is amazing but was tough when I did if I’m being honest.
It looks like there is still a tether latch on the third row, but no tether label. Not sure what the anchor point in the middle of the seats is for.
PXL_20211112_034650800.jpg

Second row for comparison:
PXL_20211112_034630403.jpg